Walt Disney World/Volcano Bay Planning Advice | Inside Universal Forums

Walt Disney World/Volcano Bay Planning Advice

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 4, 2017
Hey guys,
For April Break this year I finally get to revisit Walt Disney World for the first time since October of 2011 from Monday the 16th to Friday the 20th. I will unfortunately be staying off site at my family’s Time Share called Sheraton Vistana Resort which is basically right outside (could walk to Disney Springs if I really wanted to). I already booked some eating reservations and some FastPass+’s. I was wondering if you guys could give me any advice on my plan of action throughout the week (like wait times to expect, what to hit up first, when to get to each park)?
Also on Sunday the 22nd we’re checking into one of the Cabana Bay towers with a Volcano Bay view and will be going to Volcano Bay that Monday. I know the issues Volcano Bay is having and really need advice for this one for plan of attack and what not!
It would really help me and my family to have the best vacation possible!
Thanks

I'd highly recommend looking at TouringPlans.com (requires a subscription) or just googling around for `disney world touring plans.` There's a lot of advice out there and most of it is tailored to the specific time you'll be at Disney.

For Volcano Bay, I'd also recommend looking at TouringPlans or OrlandoInformer.com for a rough idea of when to do what.

Reactions: Coasted
I've done some VB advice (Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums which had good results/reviews:

Head left at the fork as soon as you go in. If you're getting a locker, get one in the bay immediately before Maku Puihi - this is the central location. Hit the aqua coaster first, then drop slides, then Honu. If you can get these as "ride now" status or short TapuTapu waits, you have conquered the park. Everything else is gravy after that. Ohno and Ohya sometimes get high, so do that next.

The Kunuku Boat Bar is a great place to get a drink during waits - it has a table facing the tube slides so it is fantastic for people watching!

Good luck! :)

Reactions: rhino4evr
For Animal Kingdom - I'm sure you have read it elsewhere but if you want to check out Flight Of Passage get a fastpass or arrive long before park opens.
If you have a fastpass (or don't want to ride) then you can crack out the majority of other rides in AK during the morning while everyone else is in Pandora.