Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WandaVision

WandaVision to debut next week with 2 episodes:

I've heard the first 6 episodes may be the sitcom style (in length as well) going from the 50's in Episode 1 to Present day in Episode 6 and then the last 3 episodes would be roughly an hour each. If you add the time together, that would match up with the reported 6 hour series run time.

Nice 2 Episodes is a good start.

Hoping I like both characters so sure I will enjoy it...wondering if it will be something I rewatch or its one and done. but Either way Doubt this could be worst than great.

It definitely sounds like the show is not picking up Wanda from where we last saw her at the end of ENDGAME, but instead has jumped way ahead. Presumably later episodes will fill in that gap.

It definitely sounds like the show is not picking up Wanda from where we last saw her at the end of ENDGAME, but instead has jumped way ahead. Presumably later episodes will fill in that gap.
Im going to assume when we get to “present day”, it’s probably only shortly before Multiverse of Madness in all actuality. Like, WandaVision and SM3 are probably happening around the same time and then MoM will pick up right after those. So yeah, there’s a bit of a jump.

Are you Kevin Feige? Episode 1 director Matt Shakman? Possibly Jac Shaeffer? We demand answers!

Episode length about what expected. If 4, 5 and 6 are the same length, then it's possible that the rumor is right that Episodes 7-9 are all an hour.

Haha I wish I made as much as them! I work in VFX. And, Matt actually directed all of the episodes! I think the first 3 Marvel Disney+ shows only have a single director. Then after Loki the shows are broken up with multiple directors.

I mean First looks are given out to people expected to love it (WW84 is a great example of this)

I'm sure its going to be great...but yeah first looks aren't were I'm interesting in getting a review from. Also watched Wanda's Recap today on Disney Plus, I like these they are fun and with 20+ films a great way to show the most import scenes for these side characters.

I'll be honest I have liked Vision since I first saw him but Wanda not so much until she was in the MCU and think the actress has done a great job giving that character life on screen...so I am excited to see these side characters get the spot light. Falcon and Winter Solider as well, its kinda cool to see "B" characters as the stars

I'm sure its going to be great...but yeah first looks aren't were I'm interesting in getting a review from. Also watched Wanda's Recap today on Disney Plus, I like these they are fun and with 20+ films a great way to show the most import scenes for these side characters.

I'll be honest I have liked Vision since I first saw him but Wanda not so much until she was in the MCU and think the actress has done a great job giving that character life on screen...so I am excited to see these side characters get the spot light. Falcon and Winter Solider as well, its kinda cool to see "B" characters as the stars
Yeah, for people who are coming in late, the Legends recaps will be really useful (and for casuals who are coming in cold and might want to watch because of hype around a certain show).

I wouldn't really call Wanda a "B" character though. Sure, she isn't Iron Man, Spidey, Hulk, Thor or whatever, but they're the only A+++ Avengers that I'd list. Scarlett Witch at the very least is an A+ level Avenger, but I'd argue even higher as she's the most powerful Avenger not named Captain Marvel.

Yeah, for people who are coming in late, the Legends recaps will be really useful (and for casuals who are coming in cold and might want to watch because of hype around a certain show).

I wouldn't really call Wanda a "B" character though. Sure, she isn't Iron Man, Spidey, Hulk, Thor or whatever, but they're the only A+++ Avengers that I'd list. Scarlett Witch at the very least is an A+ level Avenger, but I'd argue even higher as she's the most powerful Avenger not named Captain Marvel.
I mean her and Vision aren't characters people just know without being somewhat comic fans (hence why these characters get video's made to remind you who they are)

Both Vision and Wanda are top tier in terms of power. Vision just held back and the only time he would not he got hurt so bad was unable to use all his powers. Wanda could have taken Thanos (no stones) one on one.
Hell I bet most people don't even know Wanda was originally a Mutant and her father was Magento.

I mean her and Vision aren't characters people just know without being somewhat comic fans (hence why these characters get video's made to remind you who they are)

Both Vision and Wanda are top tier in terms of power. Vision just held back and the only time he would not he got hurt so bad was unable to use all his powers. Wanda could have taken Thanos (no stones) one on one.
Hell I bet most people don't even know Wanda was originally a Mutant and her father was Magento.
Legends is a clipshow series. There will be one for Falcon and one for the Winter Soldier. There will be one for Loki. Possibly even one for Black Widow. I think there will be one before every Marvel project from how it was described. People don't have time to catch up on many movies worth of content so a quick clip show does the trick.

And the gp wouldn't automatically know that about Wanda, but most here would. It was highly talked about when she was introduced. It's widely expected that Pietro will be coming back either by the end of this series or in Multiverse of Madness.

I mean First looks are given out to people expected to love it (WW84 is a great example of this)

What occured was screenings, specifically for the sake of reviews.

Even those who saw WW84 when they saw screenings, had problems with the film. I'd expect more critiques once the review embargo lifts (as only the "Reactions" on Social Media platforms have been allowed to be released).

What occured was screenings, specifically for the sake of reviews.

Even those who saw WW84 when they saw screenings, had problems with the film. I'd expect more critiques once the review embargo lifts (as only the "Reactions" on Social Media platforms have been allowed to be released).
Yeah, even though the early reviews for WW84 were only highly positive if you take RT% to be the be all, end all. All you need is a 3/5, 6/10 or C rating on a film and you'll get that fresh score. 89% of the first 78 reviews hit that threshold to get a fresh rating, however, the average score of the early reviews was actually slightly below 7/10 and you didn't hear any praise for the film online like i'm hearing about WandaVision.

However, I do think being the first to see something does impact a viewers opinion on something in certain cases.

Yeah, even though the early reviews for WW84 were only highly positive if you take RT% to be the be all, end all. All you need is a 3/5, 6/10 or C rating on a film and you'll get that fresh score. 89% of the first 78 reviews hit that threshold to get a fresh rating, however, the average score of the early reviews was actually slightly below 7/10 and you didn't hear any praise for the film online like i'm hearing about WandaVision.

However, I do think being the first to see something does impact a viewers opinion on something in certain cases.
It can also who you watch with.

I remember coming out of Star Wars FA and way back in the day Spiderman 3....thinking cool...but then I think about the film for 5 mins and like..."wait...not it wasn't cool"

(note Star Wars FA is a fine film...not bad but for me is worst now because JJ made all these questions up that we never got good answers to in the next two films)

Y'all keep doing my favorite hero/villain dirty....underestimating ha power.

Y'all keep doing my favorite hero/villain dirty....underestimating ha power.
I'm looking forward to seeing it on screen.

They've been severely underpowering her or doing things like conveniently having her be missing or get hurt at a critical time. They did the same with Captain Marvel in Endgame - they literally had her leave the movie for the whole thing and only show up right when it was critical that they need her. Wanda is one of my favorites in all honesty and I think everything i've seen teased from this show has only made me like her more. However, while Scarlett Witch may be the more powerful hero, Captain Marvel has clearly been the most powerful that we've seen *On-screen* from how powered up they've been shown to be to this point. They've been playing the long game with Wanda, partly because they had to work around the mutant thing and Fox contract at first.

I hope the show involves Wanda coming to terms with just how powerful she is. She can literally alter the fabric of reality and she’s erased all mutants from existence. I could buy her not taking full advantage of her powers against Thanos if she legitimately didn’t grasp what all she could do.

I hope the show involves Wanda coming to terms with just how powerful she is. She can literally alter the fabric of reality and she’s erased all mutants from existence. I could buy her not taking full advantage of her powers against Thanos if she legitimately didn’t grasp what all she could do.
I feel like something like that is probably likely since she is going to be the villain in Multiverse of Madness, I believe.