WandaVision | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

WandaVision

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honest to god, I see Wandavision ending as a Classic Monsters film in the sense that in Wanda's actions--she'll be more seen as an antagonist by the end, due to someone messing with her.

Honest to god, I see Wandavision ending as a Classic Monsters film in the sense that in Wanda's actions--she'll be more seen as an antagonist by the end, due to someone messing with her.

If you read the comics, its the loss of her children once she realizes her reality wasn't real because Wasp can't keep her mouth shut.

Virtual launch event for WandaVision starting at noon EST (roughly 6 minutes from me posting this).

Also, early reviews, yes, but WandaVision is currently sitting at 95% on RT with 60 reviews in

Last edited:
Virtual launch event for WandaVision starting at noon EST (roughly 6 minutes from me posting this).

Also, early reviews, yes, but WandaVision is currently sitting at 100% on RT.

Thanks for sharing, caught the last half of it. So ready to see some new Marvel!!!

Currently at 75 on Metacritic and 95% on RT. The general consensus seems to be that the show starts of a bit slow but finds its footing in later episodes.

Currently at 75 on Metacritic and 95% on RT. The general consensus seems to be that the show starts of a bit slow but finds its footing in later episodes.
I'm not really sure how people would be able to criticize "later episodes" as Disney only gave out the first 3 episodes for reviews. General consenus i've seen is that it starts out slow as you said, but it seems to be building to something very big.

The consensus I’v heard is that WandaVision is essentially a tragic movie stretched over multiple episodes. Supposedly you really can’t properly judge to full series until you see the full series. This isn’t a show where episodes can stand on their own.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The consensus I’v heard is that WandaVision is essentially a tragic movie stretched over multiple episodes. Supposedly you really can’t properly judge to full series until you see the full series. This isn’t a show where episodes can stand on their own.
I kinda assume that's how it will be for all the Marvel series. Feige is making movies disguised as shows for Disney+. It wouldn't be fair for me to watch the first 15 minutes of any movie and judge it based on that alone. I definitely think that's why Disney is going with the two-episode premiere (especially since the first 6 episodes will only be 30 minutes).

WandaVision would probably be best watched as a binge (unlike The Mandalorian), but i'll still definitely be watching it week to week.

lol

Then why the hell is Disney releasing them in 30 mins sections

I'm not going to hate on it before I see these... I am still exciting but no clue what Disney is thinking if these Disney plus shows are just movies that they made into tv shows...Mando works because it's made to be watched episode by episode (yes, there is an overall story but each episode is its own thing)
I'll wait to say more until I see it

lol

Then why the hell is Disney releasing them in 30 mins sections

I'm not going to hate on it before I see these... I am still exciting but no clue what Disney is thinking if these Disney plus shows are just movies that they made into tv shows...Mando works because it's made to be watched episode by episode (yes, there is an overall story but each episode is its own thing)
I'll wait to say more until I see it
The first 6 episodes are 30 minutes to fit the sitcom style, with the each episode progressing by one sitcoms era/decade. The two that will be released tonight will be in black and white. The last 3 episodes are 60 mins or so each.

I'm not really sure how people would be able to criticize "later episodes" as Disney only gave out the first 3 episodes for reviews. General consenus i've seen is that it starts out slow as you said, but it seems to be building to something very big.

;););)

Watched both episodes. None of the following is spoilers as there really was very little spoiler type of content in these two episodes. They were mostly straight-forward sitcom episodes that teased a little bit of what was to come later on.

The show is extremely charming so far and Olsen and Bettany are perfect for this type of show. Kathryn Hahn’s character absolutely shines in the limited time she had in these two episodes.

While you obviously have the throwbacks to some older sitcoms, I also felt a ton of Truman Show influence here.

The first two episodes give me way more pleasantville meets twilight zone.

Truman show everyone else was in on it, this we know others aren’t in on it.
That’s a good comparison.

On The Truman Show thing though...
Imo, the whole town is actually in on this (or they at least know what’s up with Wanda) and is SWORD and Agnus is the only one that’s actually not. Because she’s not real.

Last edited:
Watched the first episode this morning. Has a Bewitched feel to it, although Wanda seems to be a little fuzzy regarding her powers and what she can/cannot do. Chemistry between them is great, as expected. Looking forward to the reveals!

What I really love with this show from the first two episodes, is that it legitimately feels like I'm watching Twilight Zone. And in this case, I really like it.

Imo, the whole town is actually in on this (or they at least know what’s up with Wanda) and is SWORD and Agnus is the only one that’s actually not. Because she’s not real.

I'm quessing SWORD/Monica and Agnus are the ones who don't know. Though, I am..interested on the ending of the second episode, as it gives me the sense that Wanda in that specific moment before they literally hit the rewind button, knew and said "no."

What I really love with this show from the first two episodes, is that it legitimately feels like I'm watching Twilight Zone. And in this case, I really like it.

I'm quessing SWORD/Monica and Agnus are the ones who don't know. Though, I am..interested on the ending of the second episode, as it gives me the sense that Wanda in that specific moment before they literally hit the rewind button, knew and said "no."

I think in case people missed the clue in the first episode, it showcases Wanda ability to alter reality...the movies never showed her ability to do so.

rewatching the episodes a fifth time, Geraldine and Dottie seem not in on it. Remember Dottie freaks out when she starts hearing the radio and then asks who are you? She knows something is amiss. Geraldine who was spoiled in the trailers hesitated, I’m 95% sure Agnes is a witch and in on everything. There was light foreshadowing and maybe be the only one in on it. She brought over the Mephisto wine whose soul was used to make Wanda’s children. She says something in episode 2 to Wanda: oh here’s the star of the show...was the exact line and as well stated the devil is in the details (Mephisto is Satan).

there was that odd communist joke in episode 2 that’s bugging me. It didn’t fit the time or era.

Looking at the ads the first one for the toaster was touching on the fact a bomb killed her parents but the second one with the watch was confusing...I know it said hail hydra on it.

who is Ralph? Agnes keeps mentioning him yet we have yet to see him. Could he be the big bad.

Last edited:
Ralph is definitely the big bad, thinking Evan Peters as Mephisto. The ads so far are tied to Wanda’s real life origins. The Stark toaster resembled the bomb that didn’t go off next to Wanda and Pietro for days, the Strucker watch was a reference to Baron Strucker who recruited them.

By the way, how amazing is Kathryn Hahn in this? And Paul Bettany has been great as well. We’ll get some more quintessential moments from Olsen as more is revealed throughout the show.

To go along with that, when the guy was going crazy asking them “Why they came here”, I’m pretty certain Wanda was uncontrollably choking that guy out.

Notably, she told Vision to go help as she probably can’t trust herself to do it. Although during the magic show, she had her poets quite under control while Viz was gum-drunk. :lol:

Sorry to double post, I just thought of this

I agree with the idea that Dottie is not one of the ones in on it. She was completely baffled at the radio thing. I think they are setting us up for a twist that she is actually an agent of good, which would explain why Agnes (who we assume is evil) hates her so much. Dottie’s characterization in a very negative light early and Agnes’ characterization as an overly nice neighbor are setups I think.