WandaVision | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

WandaVision

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
rewatching the episodes a fifth time, Geraldine and Dottie seem not in on it. Remember Dottie freaks out when she starts hearing the radio and then asks who are you? She knows something is amiss. Geraldine who was spoiled in the trailers hesitated, I’m 95% sure Agnes is a witch and in on everything. There was light foreshadowing and maybe be the only one in on it. She brought over the Mephisto wine whose soul was used to make Wanda’s children. She says something in episode 2 to Wanda: oh here’s the star of the show...was the exact line and as well stated the devil is in the details (Mephisto is Satan).

there was that odd communist joke in episode 2 that’s bugging me. It didn’t fit the time or era.

Looking at the ads the first one for the toaster was touching on the fact a bomb killed her parents but the second one with the watch was confusing...I know it said hail hydra on it.

who is Ralph? Agnes keeps mentioning him yet we have yet to see him. Could he be the big bad.
Im like, 99.9% sure Agnes is Agatha Harkness

I know Disney+ is trying to have Marvel content pretty much every week of this year and they need to keep and add subs by having content, however this show’s early sitcom-style episode translate to weekly release.

I think they should have gone the route of releasing the first 6 episodes in batches of 2 and then released the remaining 3 episodes with a single episode per week. The show still would’ve run for 6 weeks and I think the pacing would likely be better.

Besides, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier would be starting only a few weeks after anyway, so they wouldn’t have to worry too about subs.

Just realized that the voice over the radio is the agent from Ant-Man. Also rewatching the final trailer we can see Wanda in the real world, so we already knew that Wanda created her own reality. But personally, I thought it was an entirely separate universe, except it seems she created a pocket dimension, and SWORD set up a mobile research site around it.

Last edited:
I know Disney+ is trying to have Marvel content pretty much every week of this year and they need to keep and add subs by having content, however this show’s early sitcom-style episode translate to weekly release.

I think they should have gone the route of releasing the first 6 episodes in batches of 2 and then released the remaining 3 episodes with a single episode per week. The show still would’ve run for 6 weeks and I think the pacing would likely be better.

Besides, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier would be starting only a few weeks after anyway, so they wouldn’t have to worry too about subs.

The episodes so far seem kind of self contained by the era they're set in.

Episode 1 and 2 in the 50s and 60s. I assume it will be the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s for the remaining 4 episodes of the first 6. Ending that segment as Wanda's story really begins in the MCU.

I'd love to see more sooner but it's been 18 months since the last MCU installment and waiting a little longer should be easy.

The episodes so far seem kind of self contained by the era they're set in.

Episode 1 and 2 in the 50s and 60s. I assume it will be the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s for the remaining 4 episodes of the first 6. Ending that segment as Wanda's story really begins in the MCU.

I'd love to see more sooner but it's been 18 months since the last MCU installment and waiting a little longer should be easy.
That’s what the rumor is. 1-6 is 50’s-00’s and 7-9 is present day with hour long episodes.

Also...
Is there something important about August 23rd? It was marked, but neither could remember why.

EDIT:
WandaVision has increased to a 97% on RT with 109 reviews and if it holds this score or goes higher, it will wind up being the most critically acclaimed project on RT in the MCU. Currently the highest RT score for an MCU project is Black Panther is 96%.
AdrCTmq.png

Last edited:
I'm not very knowledgeable about Marvel and these characters are completely unknown for me so I have no idea what I have watched. It's short (just 20 minutes when you don't count the intro and very long outro). As a comedy it didn't work for me (as most American comedy's don't work for me, I guess it's a cultural thing) but the setting is fun and there is probably something going to happen but I don't think I care to much to stick around for that. It's (again) very slow (like Mandelorian).

I'm not very knowledgeable about Marvel and these characters are completely unknown for me so I have no idea what I have watched. It's short (just 20 minutes when you don't count the intro and very long outro). As a comedy it didn't work for me (as most American comedy's don't work for me, I guess it's a cultural thing) but the setting is fun and there is probably something going to happen but I don't think I care to much to stick around for that. It's (again) very slow (like Mandelorian).
I would recommend watching the short 7 minute clipshow series Marvel Legends. There are two episodes so far, one on Wanda and one on Vision. It may help to clue you in a bit more to their journey.

Theory about end of Ep. 2
So, i'm starting to think Advanced Idea Mechanics (AIM) may be behind the whole illusion. The beekeeper resembles some of the AIM members. Also, the watch said Strucker on it, which is a reference to AIM Founder Baron Strucker. AIM was also used as the villain in Iron Man 3. I'm thinking it's possible that AIM is working for SWORD, but I guess we'll see. I don't necessarily think that's the last time we see one of those beekeeper guys.

This is what the "beekeeper guys" look like in the comics.

H.6.2.jpg

The emphasis on the “For The Children” was really bizarre, but what if that’s a clue that whoever is behind this wants to bring about Wiccan and Speed and use them for their own benefit. I feel like if they harp on a phrase or plot point like that, it has to mean something somehow.

The emphasis on the “For The Children” was really bizarre, but what if that’s a clue that whoever is behind this wants to bring about Wiccan and Speed and use them for their own benefit. I feel like if they harp on a phrase or plot point like that, it has to mean something somehow.
If you notice, in the first episode, Mrs. Hart gives them a hard time at dinner about why they don't have children (causing Wanda to spiral) and then the for the children in episode 2. I think her pregnancy was clearly manifested by whoever is behind this. And tbh, the answer to that could very much still be Wanda herself as we're seeing all of this from hers and Vision's perspective. Vision seems to be more aware that something isn't right whereas I think Wanda is looking past the clear warning signs because she gets to be with Vision.

So I like the characters and main actors so I like it...however unlike Mando if you do not care about these two I also agree the show might not be for you. Unlike Mando this show is not just slow but doesn't have action to pace out and help when the slow is building to something.

Also...I hate Disney giving episode 3 to reviewers early. IGN already has either theories or spoilers on the website...like god just let us watch and talk about all the things going on after people have watched the episode at least.

So I like the characters and main actors so I like it...however unlike Mando if you do not care about these two I also agree the show might not be for you. Unlike Mando this show is not just slow but doesn't have action to pace out and help when the slow is building to something.

Also...I hate Disney giving episode 3 to reviewers early. IGN already has either theories or spoilers on the website...like god just let us watch and talk about all the things going on after people have watched the episode at least.
They gave them Episode 3 because they wanted the good reviews. Episode 3 is a bit of a turning point by all accounts whereas Episode 1 & 2 are fairly straight-forward 50's/60's sitcom episodes with a bunch of easter eggs sprinkled throughout. I thought both episodes on their own were really good and i'm fine with this being a slow-burn. I have a feeling this will really pick-up around the Halloween episode, whenever that is.

I have wondered though...
Do you guys think it's possible Wanda is in a Prison or something and this is just what he mind is creating as she's going wild in there? SWORD is watching her present day, i'm just unsure how this whole pleaseantville type world has come together. It honestly seems like a dream. When Mr. Hart questioned Wanda on "Why they were there", he got choked out somehow. And then when she saw the Beekeeper, she said no and it did the rewind thing. She doesn't want people messing with her fantasy.

Last edited:
They gave them Episode 3 because they wanted the good reviews. Episode 3 is a bit of a turning point by all accounts whereas Episode 1 & 2 are fairly straight-forward 50's/60's sitcom episodes with a bunch of easter eggs sprinkled throughout. I thought both episodes on their own were really good and i'm fine with this being a slow-burn. I have a feeling this will really pick-up around the Halloween episode, whenever that is.

I have wondered though...
Do you guys think it's possible Wanda is in a Prison or something and this is just what he mind is creating as she's going wild in there? SWORD is watching her present day, i'm just unsure how this whole pleaseantville type world has come together. It honestly seems like a dream. When Mr. Hart questioned Wanda on "Why they were there", he got choked out somehow. And then when she saw the Beekeeper, she said no and it did the rewind thing. She doesn't want people messing with her fantasy.

Wanda has overcame a crappy card deck she was issued in this new world overall so this fantasy is the happiest she was been with everything so far being low stakes. We know this takes place after Endgame so Vision is still dead and maybe she subconsciously knows that.[\spoiler]

Reactions: n i c k
Wanda has overcame a crappy card deck she was issued in this new world overall so this fantasy is the happiest she was been with everything so far being low stakes. We know this takes place after Endgame so Vision is still dead and maybe she subconsciously knows that.[\spoiler]
I'm actually truly questioning if Viz is going to stay dead. If her alternate reality clashes with the true reality, Vision may someone make it out of this series alive. Not saying it'll happen, but MCU does fake deaths all the time and now Cap is already coming back. Never assume someone is truly dead. Especially a character that's literally a robot.

I'm actually truly questioning if Viz is going to stay dead. If her alternate reality clashes with the true reality, Vision may someone make it out of this series alive. Not saying it'll happen, but MCU does fake deaths all the time and now Cap is already coming back. Never assume someone is truly dead. Especially a character that's literally a robot.
To be fair with Cap, he kind of..isn't dead? I do think there's an interesting chance that Vision is gonna make it out, but for now I'm assuming whoever will try to kill vision (and potentially Pietro if he pops back up) infront of Wanda to break her.

Reactions: Nick
To be fair with Cap, he kind of..isn't dead? I do think there's an interesting chance that Vision is gonna make it out, but for now I'm assuming whoever will try to kill vision (and potentially Pietro if he pops back up) infront of Wanda to break her.
My probable with bringing Cap back is that it takes away from Sam welding the shield (if he even does, I guess), and it also takes away from the end of Endgame where Cap finally got to have that dance with Peggy and live happily ever after.

Granted, with the quantum realm being around (and now the multiverse), he can obviously come back in multiple ways. I just feel like he had a nice end to his story arc and if you're going to bring him back, at least wait a bit longer. Casting him now for something means it probably won't come out until 2023 or 2024 so it will have been 5 years or maybe a bit more, but I just would have preferred more of a 10-year gap or so. Let the new characters in the universe (and there's a lot of them) get their shine and then bring him back.

My probable with bringing Cap back is that it takes away from Sam welding the shield (if he even does, I guess), and it also takes away from the end of Endgame where Cap finally got to have that dance with Peggy and live happily ever after.

Granted, with the quantum realm being around (and what transported Cap to that time period, and not the multiverse, he can obviously come back in multiple ways. I just feel like he had a nice end to his story arc and if you're going to bring him back, at least wait a bit longer. Casting him now for something means it probably won't come out until 2023 or 2024 so it will have been 5 years or maybe a bit more, but I just would have preferred more of a 10-year gap or so. Let the new characters in the universe (and there's a lot of them) get their shine and then bring him back.

Have they given the context of him coming back? Could it just be a cameo contract? Like maybe he pops up in Dr Strange through a multiverse jump for 10 minutes. Or maybe in flashback scenes in F & WS. Things like that could add to a storyline without overshadowing the current storylines. But if they are just setting him up to star in the next avengers movie, they are going to need a really good explanation.

Have they given the context of him coming back? Could it just be a cameo contract? Like maybe he pops up in Dr Strange through a multiverse jump for 10 minutes. Or maybe in flashback scenes in F & WS. Things like that could add to a storyline without overshadowing the current storylines. But if they are just setting him up to star in the next avengers movie, they are going to need a really good explanation.
It's too late for F&WS as that finished filming months ago. Truly, it mostly finished in March. The article mentioned that he would assume a role much like Iron Man after his original trilogy, co-starring in other characters movies (like RDJ did in Civil War and Homecoming) before Infinity War and Endgame.

Sources add it’s unlikely to be a new Captain America installment and more likely to be like what Robert Downey Jr. did after Iron Man 3, appearing in such films as Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Reactions: fryoj
I think it’s as old man Cap. Or a prequel. Or a Skrull Cap. Or Cap returning the six stones. Or a multiverse Cap. Whichever it is, I’m pretty sure they’re not going to actually bring him back and subvert his whole character arc.