Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Warner Bros Abu Dubai

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It has been announced of a brand new theme park; based on the hit studio, Warner Bros. will be opening on 2018. This park will include attractions based on Loony Tunes and the DC Comics Super-heros; and will be an Indoor park.

Six Flags Dubai will also not be using the DC/Loony Tune branding also..

So, thoughts on WB's new entry into the theme park business?

I don't understand how these parks don't shut down three months later...who the hell realistically goes to Dubai?
Probably not many people from the States unless on Business. It's only 7 Hours away for us, would be double that from East Coast USA.

It is very popular with Brits, and other Europeans. Cheap flights (£350 Return), Luxury hotels and shopping, sun, beaches. It's kind of a posher Egypt, which used to be really popular with Brits.

From the images I saw it looks like this place will be mostly indoors to avoid the heat.

I've been to the UAE a few times and it's certainly a place that is RAPIDLY expanding (I highly recommend checking out a timelapse of construction from the 90's to now to see just how fast, it's incredible). There is a very high number of ex-pat's living over there and is a lot more westernized than any of my pre-conceptions had me believe so the appetite is there.

There are a few theme parks out there already, their most notable that is open is probably Ferrari World which will be housed next door essentially. There has been a lot of back and forth about Universal Studios Dubailand which fell through a few years back and now with WB, Six Flags Dubai and the upcoming 20th Century Fox theme park it certainly seems to be a destination companies are investing heavily in.

Also, the title of this thread is a bit confusing. I think it's meant to be Abu Dhabi instead of Abu Dubai :)

Probably not many people from the States unless on Business. It's only 7 Hours away for us, would be double that from East Coast USA.

It is very popular with Brits, and other Europeans. Cheap flights (£350 Return), Luxury hotels and shopping, sun, beaches. It's kind of a posher Egypt, which used to be really popular with Brits.

From the images I saw it looks like this place will be mostly indoors to avoid the heat.

I can see a big increase in tourism from the UK to Dubai this summer given the trouble in Egypt and Turkey.

I can see a big increase in tourism from the UK to Dubai this summer given the trouble in Egypt and Turkey.
I agree, I wouldn't touch Egypt or Turkey with yours right now!