Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Resorts - Update & Rumor Thread

I'm still on Vegas pricing so this seems kind of cheap in comparison but still ridiculous.
What bars in Vegas do you go to? (Not sarcasm just curious)

I work in midtown NYC and there's handmade cocktail bars I love that are cheaper than this.

What bars in Vegas do you go to? (Not sarcasm just curious)

I work in midtown NYC and there's handmade cocktail bars I love that are cheaper than this.

I paid $60 for two cocktails at the Bellagio pool. There's obviously cheaper prices to be had but for convenience and I had decent credit attached to my room.

The way I see it, the cheaper bars are always more fun anyway.

Those cocktails sound great and love all the classics. Side car, french 75, etc.

They're also using premium liquor... but $20-25/cocktail? Holy hell.

Other than the caviar, the food prices are roughly in line with what Mizner's charged. Ditto the champagne (might be $2 more).

Main price increase is in those craft cocktails, which I imagine will wither away after the initial blogger rush. The crowd for this bar is dads sneaking away from the kids--beer and Jack--and convention-goers with expense accounts--Mac 12 and Grey Goose.

Enchanted Rose opened last night. Room by room ...

The Library--the old bar--is gaudy, and the most obviously inspired by B&tB. Tables only, no bar, completely cut off from everything else (apparently that was a load-bearing wall). And no host that I could see, just servers coming and going, which is disconcerting. They built a wall in place of the open windows, virtually cutting the room off from the band downstairs (more on that below).

The Ballroom--the former men's store, now the main bar. Beautiful bartop, and a nice size bar. The Belle/rose chandelier looks cheap. Very bright during the day. And very noisy with even a small crowd in there--all tile, no carpet. A ton of tables but dining tables not "bar" tables. Honestly, the whole place feels like a cruise ship space--like you could do a muster drill when you get on, have kids arts & crafts in the afternoon, then a magic show for the adults after dinner, clear the tables out so guests can disco late-night.

The Woods--half the former hallway and one of the outside patios. Opens into the bar so doesn't feel so isolated. Probably my favorite room, if you can get past the murals that make it feel like you're drinking in Snow White's Scary Adventure.

The biggest downside: the band remains downstairs, and will supposedly be moving to the front corner of the lobby, near the old entrance to 1900. You can barely hear them in any of the new rooms, let alone see them. That was always the biggest draw to Mizner's and they've ruined that.

Disney has managed to destroy the best bar on property. From FastPass Plus to Galaxy's Edge to Enchanted Rose, there's a thru-line. The Mouse is chasing some mythical high-spending demo that only exists, if at all, in small corners of social media, while ignoring what their ever-shrinking customer base really wants. IMO, that even more than price hikes is why they are in a downward spiral.

The Library--the old bar--is gaudy, and the most obviously inspired by B&tB. Tables only, no bar, completely cut off from everything else (apparently that was a load-bearing wall). And no host that I could see, just servers coming and going, which is disconcerting. They built a wall in place of the open windows, virtually cutting the room off from the band downstairs (more on that below).

The Ballroom--the former men's store, now the main bar. Beautiful bartop, and a nice size bar. The Belle/rose chandelier looks cheap. Very bright during the day. And very noisy with even a small crowd in there--all tile, no carpet. A ton of tables but dining tables not "bar" tables. Honestly, the whole place feels like a cruise ship space--like you could do a muster drill when you get on, have kids arts & crafts in the afternoon, then a magic show for the adults after dinner, clear the tables out so guests can disco late-night.

The Woods--half the former hallway and one of the outside patios. Opens into the bar so doesn't feel so isolated. Probably my favorite room, if you can get past the murals that make it feel like you're drinking in Snow White's Scary Adventure.

The biggest downside: the band remains downstairs, and will supposedly be moving to the front corner of the lobby, near the old entrance to 1900. You can barely hear them in any of the new rooms, let alone see them. That was always the biggest draw to Mizner's and they've ruined that.

Disney has managed to destroy the best bar on property. From FastPass Plus to Galaxy's Edge to Enchanted Rose, there's a thru-line. The Mouse is chasing some mythical high-spending demo that only exists, if at all, in small corners of social media, while ignoring what their ever-shrinking customer base really wants. IMO, that even more than price hikes is why they are in a downward spiral.
Nice review. :thumbsup:

Figured i'd make mention that there's a rumor (not the strongest at this time, but it has some weight behind it) on Magic that the reason Disney went ahead with finishing the walkway to GF is because there's plans for a new hotel in-between the GF and MK. Here's a visual - the plot is large enough to fit a hotel the size of the SW Hotel here:
vYc2XpB.jpg

Who knows if this will go anywhere, but it's worth bringing up.

Figured i'd make mention that there's a rumor (not the strongest at this time, but it has some weight behind it) on Magic that the reason Disney went ahead with finishing the walkway to GF is because there's plans for a new hotel in-between the GF and MK. Here's a visual - the plot is large enough to fit a hotel the size of the SW Hotel here:
vYc2XpB.jpg

Who knows if this will go anywhere, but it's worth bringing up.

I've heard that rumor several times, including a rumor of it being very "exclusive" with its own entrance in MK in Adventureland. I suppose it's possible, it just seems like the plot on opposite side of the lagoon for the Mediterranean would be the better location for views and big money for those views.

This rumor also fits with the widening of Floridian Way and addition of more overpasses for the parking exit. All these improvements (walkway to GF, widening of roads/overpasses) are all long delayed and MUCH needed to help with all the traffic congestion on property.

I just have to wonder with all the new hotels and additions to hotels at what point they reach saturation? And will the construction of more high end hotels combined with the low price point of the new Universal hotels force Disney to really cut the rates for the glorified motels/"value resorts"?

I feel your pain Mr. Mayor

I've heard that rumor several times, including a rumor of it being very "exclusive" with its own entrance in MK in Adventureland. I suppose it's possible, it just seems like the plot on opposite side of the lagoon for the Mediterranean would be the better location for views and big money for those views.

This rumor also fits with the widening of Floridian Way and addition of more overpasses for the parking exit. All these improvements (walkway to GF, widening of roads/overpasses) are all long delayed and MUCH needed to help with all the traffic congestion on property.

I just have to wonder with all the new hotels and additions to hotels at what point they reach saturation? And will the construction of more high end hotels combined with the low price point of the new Universal hotels force Disney to really cut the rates for the glorified motels/"value resorts"?
I think eventually they'll get around to using the Mediterranean plot, but the site needs a lot of prep work that I think Disney would like to avoid until they have no other prime pieces of real estate to build on.