Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Weight Loss and the Parks!

Apr 21, 2015
Good Evening! We have created a group that's focused losing weight and getting healthy for our trip to Universal and Disney.

We love the parks and want to connect with others with that same interest. We just want to give an extra layer of support to all that need it.

Its 'Weight Watchers' in name, but you do not have to be on weight watchers to join.

Not a Facebook user but this is a great idea for discussion here in case anyone wants to participate, especially this being a Universal-leaning site and the resort having some of the more restrictive rides in Orlando.

I agree! I would love for people to participate on here as well! I've done the walk of shame many times (only rode FJ once) unless it's happen to you, it's hard to explain that feeling and the answer just isn't as easy as 'stop eating so much and work out'

I want to look schmexy for Volcano Bay.

As for Potter - sit on the outside seat and tank that harness down hard before they get to you. It just has to get to a certain point and locks there on its own. It used to be considered guest courtesy to push the harness down to the point short of squishing you to death. Now due to "safety" they only use two fingers of pressure.

Some have stronger fingers than others. So feel free to request the manager - not the lead, a manangrr, in person, and tell them what I told you about the old versus the new policy and where they can shove it.

Summer of 2015 we went back down to Universal. I had lost about 40 lbs putting me around 340. Even with the 'old school' push I couldn't got the green light outside, or on the test seat near the loading platform. I did get to ride the majority of lap resistant rides though which was a plus. This time around, I'm taking my weight loss much more seriously. I've seen a nutritionist, starting doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, yoga, and training for a 5K. Hoping the next time we go back down I can be close to or below 300 lbs