Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Weirdest Ride Experience

Feb 10, 2008
SoCal
Continuing d a n n y's series of "ride experiences", what has been your most awkward or weird moment on a ride or anywhere in Disney or Universal?

I personally don't have one, I just wanted to hear some.

it was weird on ROTMTR at USF when we were temporeraly stuck in the fake unload scence after it finished you scene it all reset its self and its weird coz every thing seems silent - i got told that people get stuck here when theres a bad load/unload team and cars are Qing up at the exit. O well didnt bother me - i actualy enjoyed it!

I was stuck on the Great American Scream Machine lift hill for 30min. It was hot, and it hurts your legs t o sit in that position for more than 15min.

I've got two.

1: Last time I was at Universal (2004), my family went to Mardi Gras at US. After watching the parade and feeling 20 pounds heavier because of the beads, my brother and I went on to E.T. So far no problems. Near the end, where you see E.T.'s homeworld with the aliens, our "bike" got stuck for about 15 (or 20?) minutes. First, the animatronics stopped talking. Then, the music stopped playing. To finish it off, a girl of about 16-18 dropped her cell phone. My brother and I tried to help, and it almost fell off the vehicle!

2: In Disney's less modern version (Peter Pan's Flight-notice how two similar ride systems were both broken down?!), my brother and I (again) got stuck for about twenty seconds right outside the very first scene (Wendy's room). That Wendy animatronic is both outdated AND creepy!

We broke down on Big Thunder right before the load station. The first two cars were in, but the rest was outside the load station so we couldn't go anywhere. If they could raise the bar we literally could have stepped to the load, but obviously they wouldn't let us do that. We sat there probably twenty minutes while too stereotypical New Yorkers heckled the CMs. Finally they gave us all Fast Passes to any attraction and manually pulled the train into the station. It was such a weird place to break down, I would have preferred something more interesting. :lol:

oh...that reminds me...i was on kumba at BGT. we leave the tower...and it starts to downpour. like it felt like giant quarters. as we went through the ride...it continued to pour and we got soaked!

so we get back to the train station. and since the next car was already loaded...they let them stay in the seats to see if the rain would stop - while they left us outside stuck in the rain!!!

oh was I pissed!!! and wet....

I have a few...
1. Got stuck on splash mountain right almost at the top of the big drop for 45 minutes. Had a really cool view and a nice chat with the cast member though.

2. Epcot spaceship Earth got stuck right in that scene where the family is watching the football game. Got to see the Browns run the same play for 25 minutes straight. As a Steelers fan this was pure hell.

3. At Cedar Point in Ohio, the old ride that was called Avalanche Run died out right when we were at the top of the first lift hill. It was only 150 feet I think which is small compared to today's coasters, but they made us climb out of the train and walk down the steps to the station. The stairs are that mesh metal you can see through and it's right on Lake Erie so it's windy as hell. I was absolutely freaking out!

weirdest ride experience for me was before riding back to the future, i was wearing a stitch hat, and before Doc appears on the DeLorean's monitor to start the ride, the PA system goes off and a team member says "Hi, Stitch!"

Not a lot of stuff like this happens to me, but one time I was boarding Manta. The seats folded back, the train started to move, and :doh: it stopped after literally eight inches.
So we were stuck in the station unable to move backwards eight inches so we didn't have to lie there in the flying position for what seemed like fifteen minutes (it was probably only about five). Meanwhile, the guy sitting next to me is some kind of gangmember with huge tattoos and is cursing loudly the whole time.
We finally got going and it was a great flight anyway, although the guy was still fuming after we got off.:lol:

One of the weirdest ride experiences Ive ever had was on The amazing adventures of spider man. After leaving the loading dock this kid sitting next to me started to take about five 3d glasses out of his jacket, soon after that he started to throw them into the seat in front of us and at the scenery.Weird!

Getting stuck on Splash Mountain next to the speakers I thought Id never get the music out of my head again.
Having to get off Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris half way up the cannon ,which was actually fun.