What custom menu items can you order from Mel's or Jurassic Cafe? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

What custom menu items can you order from Mel's or Jurassic Cafe?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Doc Brown's is awesome! For multiple reasons ;)

And really??? I remember when i went with out of town relatives in 2009, all El Polo Loco stuff was gone, at least on the inside i think. Whatev :p

They just need better food choices. When you compare the awesome food from Disney California Adventure i can get for between $10-15 and what you get at Universal, it's scary
Same goes for Knott's Berry Farm. I have been an AP at Disney for years and now having passes for Knott's & Universal and seeing the prices for food, it's insane to me what the parks charge for "standard" theme park food. The food at DCA is amazing and for my son and I to eat at Disney it was $15. About a week ago at Knotts, I ordered a hot dog, burger, share a fry and 2 drinks.. It was $26!!! I told my son from now on, we will go to Fridays outside Knotts for food.. and we will eat at City Walk when we go to Universal. Then when I don't feel like spending a lot of money but want to go to the park, I always make lunches. It's always a nice option! :)  

IT'S INSANE!

Reactions: BernardMesa
I dunno if I said it before in another place, but CityWalk has some good options for fairly cheap! The 8$ lunch duos at Wolfgang Puck's Bistro are great, and Pinks and Tommy's are relatively cheap too - although they're way more expensive than their actual LA counterparts are, which irritates the crap out of me as an LA native. I hate the Flame Broiler there because the service is horrid. (I know I talked about that fiasco before...) 

In the park though, the Cantina has good portions for a good price considering it's a theme park. Flintstone's BBQ has a big enough portion size that I can share with my hubby or my little brother and be satisfied. 

The last time i went to USH i wanted to eat Doc Brown's Chicken but the line is long so i just get Tommy's at city walk and then go back in USH

I hope it doesn't close and if it does then I am never going to taste the greatest chicken of all time lol, next time i go to USH I'm going to try to get it because it seems like the lines are too long to get food when i could just go to city walk and go back in.

I was just gonna mention, I think that its replacement would in fact be Krusty Burger. Seeing how Florida's Simpsons atmosphere is growing, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if they tried to pull the same thing here. I'm personally on the fence here, as I think it may be kinda cool having a Krusty Burger here. However, I like the idea of having a little bit of everything. It's sort of unusual that Universal left over Doc Brown's Chicken, but in my opinion, it makes for a more varied experience. JP here, BTTF there, classic monsters over there, etc.

I highly doubt we'll get anymore Simpsons. Over in Florida they had space for added carnival games, lots of new restaurants AND a spinner ride. Nice mini expansion. Theres no room over here for a proper expansion and I don't think it'll be worth Universal's time and money to simply add another random Simpson's restaurant when Doc's chicken is perfectly popular. (Then again, so was BTTF...soooo....lol)

Haha. Ya never know! But like I said in another thread, The Simpsons franchise is taking up enough of the park as it is. I already get that overwhelming carnival feel just walking past The Simpsons Ride, and every now and then I wish it didn't consume so much of the park. I visit Doc Brown's Chicken every time I go to the park, and would hate to see it go, but Universal may decide to replace it soon despite its popularity. I hope I'm wrong.  :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. Ya never know! But like I said in another thread, The Simpsons franchise is taking up enough of the park as it is. I already get that overwhelming carnival feel just walking past The Simpsons Ride, and every now and then I wish it didn't consume so much of the park. I visit Doc Brown's Chicken every time I go to the park, and would hate to see it go, but Universal may decide to replace it soon despite its popularity. I hope I'm wrong.  :wacko:
It's just awesome chicken... I hate the long lines though... last time I was there I spent like 20 mins there, more than a line for JP and I was starving... really starving and the signs with that delicious chicken didn't help matters

The only restaurants I have been into is Jurassic Café (awesome burgers because the ketchup has something special in it), Flintsones BBQ, Doc Browns and the restaurant that sells the funnel cakes. All are great, the other ones don't really attract me. Since I am mexican, the cheap mexican food they have there is no match for the real thing, but those restaurants are fine options to me. In the BBQ once I order the ciabatta with BBQ pork and they told me they were out of it and that if they could give it to me with hamburger bread... I said it was ok though I was a bit angry inside. Little did I know I enjoyed it with the hamburger bread more since the ciabatta is a looooot of bread... nice switch

Doc Brown's Chicken is always a must for me, and it usually fills me up for awhile so I normally only visit one other restaurant (Jurassic Café or Panda Express in the Lower Lot). I've never bothered trying food at the Flintstones BBQ, Hollywood Grill, or the Cantina.

I think I'm going to get pusback for this, but I've always thought Doc's was decent. More of a fan of Mel's and International Cafe, but I guess you can say I'm not a fan of theme park food. LOL.

I totally forgot about the International Café! I love that place. Super quiet, never busy, and they actually sell things that aren't fried. I've still never been to Mel's, though. What's it like?

I totally forgot about the International Café! I love that place. Super quiet, never busy, and they actually sell things that aren't fried. I've still never been to Mel's, though. What's it like?
Well that might change with Mynion Mayhem... well what other fine options do we have in the citywalk that won't leave me bankrupt or begging for money outside... or maybe promising to leave a kidney there