What Discounts Can I Get with my AAA Card? | Inside Universal Forums

What Discounts Can I Get with my AAA Card?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 17, 2014
Hello first time poster here and on my way to my first trip to universal Orlando next month. Please tell me what discounts I get if any at the resort (excluding hotels and park tickets, already have those).

10% at the on-site hotels and table service restaurants and merchendise. And welcome to our little corner of the internets.

Actually, thats not entirely accurate. You have to spend a certain amount on merchandise before getting a discount. I believe $25 warrants a 10% discount, and $50 warrants 15%, maybe 20%. Someone probably knows the specifics better. But you cant just walk up to a store and get a 10% discount on a candy bar. You have to spend a certain amount. Not sure if this applies to restaurants as well.

Actually, thats not entirely accurate. You have to spend a certain amount on merchandise before getting a discount. I believe $25 warrants a 10% discount, and $50 warrants 15%, maybe 20%. Someone probably knows the specifics better. But you cant just walk up to a store and get a 10% discount on a candy bar. You have to spend a certain amount. Not sure if this applies to restaurants as well.

Your actually both correct. AAA members get a flat 10% discount on everything (even a candy bar). Members who book through AAA (or to be honest ask them about it) can also get a coupon for a larger discount that requires you spend a certain amount in a certain store (they don't always run that offer).

Hello first time poster here and on my way to my first trip to universal Orlando next month. Please tell me what discounts I get if any at the resort (excluding hotels and park tickets, already have those).

On Merchandise AAA Card Holders get 10% Off purchases from $50 - 74.99. And 15% off $75+.

The card holder and card must be present for the discount, as the card needs to be swiped and it will look up the account information.

Source: I work at Trading Co.

Your actually both correct. AAA members get a flat 10% discount on everything (even a candy bar). Members who book through AAA (or to be honest ask them about it) can also get a coupon for a larger discount that requires you spend a certain amount in a certain store (they don't always run that offer).

There is definitely a minimum you must spend for your AAA card to be worth any discount.

- - - Updated - - -

On Merchandise AAA Card Holders get 10% Off purchases from $50 - 74.99. And 15% off $75+.

The card holder and card must be present for the discount, as the card needs to be swiped and it will look up the account information.

Never mind ^, you summed it up for me lol. Thanks :thumbs:

Ok, I know I've seen it used for less (and without a second tier for higher sales), but it also could have been years ago .

And the $50 and $75 must be achieved before tax. :)