Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What happened to that crazy rumor of Universal buying SeaWorld Parks?

Not happening. Universal is busy building a new theme park. SeaWorld’s attendance is growing, so they aren’t going away any time soon. Not to mention Universal would have to destroy 90% of SWO just to build something in its place. They can easily do that on the new land without having to demolish an entire theme park.

I know this is a real long shot but I remember a rumor being talked about because of SeaWorld suffering financially of possibly Universal buying SeaWorld and turning it into a Universal Sea Park?
Comcast does not wish to inherit the issues that would come with owning Sea World....They also have more than enough IP's that they have yet to introduced....And they are very focused on cleaning up the current parks after Blackstone and GE's mess

I know this is a real long shot but I remember a rumor being talked about because of SeaWorld suffering financially of possibly Universal buying SeaWorld and turning it into a Universal Sea Park?
If SeaWorld got to the bankruptcy stage and were forced to sell the assets at firesale prices, Universal would bite. But since SWE is improving financially it seems as if SWE has weathered the storm.

If SeaWorld got to the bankruptcy stage and were forced to sell the assets at firesale prices, Universal would bite. But since SWE is improving financially it seems as if SWE has weathered the storm.
Really? Are you talking land? I just don't see a world where Comcast would be interested

Yea if universal got a hold of sea world orlando then it would make it their 5th park. Very very slim chance I know. Very slim. The only thing i heard recently is that their were 125 jobs lost but Sea World was able to regain financially with attendance and it is still growing. The company is far from bankrupt.

I don't know if I'm the cause of the rumor or not, I had mentioned it once, just because Universal was going to own land which practically goes right up next to Sea World, so it was just a question whether they'd be interested in buying and re-branding the park if Sea World management got too financially desperate.

The Blackfish effect is (unfortunately) still affecting the parks. Albeit to a lesser extent than in previous years.

My point was that a MAJOR part of their problems was Blackstone’s management, relentlessly trying to push the “Seaworld cares” campaign, when they should’ve been focusing on the fact that they’re more coaster-oriented (including BG) than their competitors. They MIGHT finally be realizing this. You’re just not going to change the minds of some people, might as well try to reach out to those who are far less likely to care. As I previously stated, I don’t the Blackfish effect would’ve been anywhere near as bad had Anheiser Busch still been at the controls.

Last edited:
Activists have always been all over Sea World...Even during the AB era

Bad management, Staleness, and a hugely popular "boy who lived" are the reasons Sea World has a problem

Throw in a film that asks some questions about the organization....You have big problems

Activists have always been all over Sea World...Even during the AB era

Bad management, Staleness, and a hugely popular "boy who lived" are the reasons Sea World has a problem

Throw in a film that asks some questions about the organization....You have big problems

They’re finally starting to fight back against all of the real problems, and I couldn’t be happier. All they need right now is a couple of flats (a Skywarp and a frisbee could do wonders) a family coaster, and another thrill coaster.

They’re finally starting to fight back against all of the real problems, and I couldn’t be happier. All they need right now is a couple of flats (a Skywarp and a frisbee could do wonders) a family coaster, and another thrill coaster.
Exactly, and I think they are seeing the fruits of heading in the right direction

I don't think anyone is questioning that SeaWorld rescues animals....What people are questioning is, why they should buy a ticket...Give them a reason to come and see

Is SeaWorld surprisingly runs out of business and Universal Orlando ends up buying their property which is like a 5% chance feel free to disagree then theirs that likely hold of Jaws coming back. I am sorry legacy for repeating myself again no hard feelings. I love new IP’s too legacy don’t get me wrong. But SeaWorld could turn into possibly a Universal Sea Park. But what other kind of attractions could go hear other than Jaws? Maybe they could bring over a Harry Potter challenge from the goblet of fire the scene where they went diving the competitors if WB actually wants to connect with Universal again ok ok that’s a long way off but just saying.