"What If Universal Studios Brought Back 1 Classic Attraction!!! (What Ride would you choose?) | Inside Universal Forums

"What If Universal Studios Brought Back 1 Classic Attraction!!! (What Ride would you choose?)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 28, 2014
"What If Universal actually brought one classic attraction back to the park?

I choose "E.T. " :)

Hard to choose between ET, original Kong on the Studio Tour, and BTTF. Loved all of them for different reasons.

The one that would benefit the park the most would be ET. It needs a beautiful family friendly dark ride like it was, and it had a long ride time.

As a huge BTTF fan, I'd wanna see BTTF back. I never got tired of it. It was the best. Gave me the chills and I still miss jt.

BUT with so many simulators at the park, I'll have to choose ET.

Reactions: canan_
For a show, I'd like to have the Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show back. If we had to pick a ride, it'd be E.T.

For my ride i would say BTTF and for a show i would love to see Castle Dracula. Both would be amazing to see a comeback.

Back to the Future in 4K but for God's sake not in 3D!
4k would be actually much much much less resolution than the original Omnimax imax film. It would require 4K times four, like Simpsons :)

But yeah, nothing beat flying in your own DeLorean, and the ride film (except for the t-rex) was very very realistic. A future version with randomized time periods would've been so amazing.

Reactions: steve
Aha I mean the stop motion is ridiculously smooth on it, smoother than any stop motion I've ever seen. I think it's arguably the best stop motion out of anywhere. I just meant the design and scale of the T-rex was ridiculously off haha.

Aha I mean the stop motion is ridiculously smooth on it, smoother than any stop motion I've ever seen. I think it's arguably the best stop motion out of anywhere. I just meant the design and scale of the T-rex was ridiculously off haha.
Oh, my bad, and I do agree with you on the T-Rex size.

I hope universal will put in some thoughts on this, ever since they closed down ET we never went to re - new our annual pass's or visited the park until 2010. That's how much heartbroken and upset I was...

I hope universal will put in some thoughts on this, ever since they closed down ET we never went to re - new our annual pass's or visited the park until 2010. That's how much heartbroken and upset I was...
Sadly, Universal has a pretty bad track record with maintaining or resurrecting old attractions. In all my years of following the park, I think WaterWorld is the only notable exception in which they've actually improved - not downgraded - the attraction rather than scrap it entirely.

Do guys ever think that universal regrets closing down ET ? I know its a old franchise but still,having kept the ride would have no been a bad idead. Just look at what Disney has been (or about to do ) to their old rides ,They are going to update theml! and I just wish that universal would have thought of that but yet again when it closed down it was very different time for the park.