Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Where is the best place to eat that doesn't break the bank?

Aug 25, 2013
Michigan
I made a trip to Disney World in 2004 and it was $13 for a hamburger, fry and a coke. I am sure Universal Hollywood prices are more. Where would be the best place to eat in the park with out breaking the bank?

Greg

To be very honest, I've always found the entire park's selection to be very expensive. If you're looking to save a bit, CityWalk may be a good alternative. Simply have your hand stamped at the gate and head on over to CityFood on the second floor. You can find a variety of fast-food options that are slightly cheaper than the park's own in-house dining.

If you want to stay in the park, I've always found International Cafe to relatively fair - but not by much.

I made a trip to Disney World in 2004 and it was $13 for a hamburger, fry and a coke. I am sure Universal Hollywood prices are more. Where would be the best place to eat in the park with out breaking the bank?

Greg
Actually, about the same or less! I'm fond of Flintstone's BBQ, good portions for a pretty decent price. I also really love Wolfgang Puck's Bistro on CityWalk, they have an 8$ lunch duo of pasta/salad, sandwich/soup, or pizza/salad. 

If your fan of burgers or want just quick eat, I would recommend going to In-N-Out Burger near Universal. It's good walking distance. Plus, it's well priced

If your fan of burgers or want just quick eat, I would recommend going to In-N-Out Burger near Universal. It's good walking distance. Plus, it's well priced
Yeah, I don't really recommend hitting In-N-Out. It's a 20 minute walk back and forth. Too much hassle in my opinion.

CityWalk is right next door to Universal, and it's quite easy going in and out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly think the eating options are quite cheap. I always eat inside the park, though the Wolfgang Puck thing I need to try it at least once since it sounds cheap and yummi. There are some options in the park that I think are overpriced but almost everything I think is priced fairly, since they really taste good. I love Doc Browns Chicken and the new Cesar Salad Burger if you're in for something light. The BBQ is also pretty good.