1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Whole Foods / Prime Now Delivery to UOR Hotels

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Hotels' started by Brad, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Brad

Brad Newcomer

In the past, we've taken time in the afternoon to go to Publix or to a local convenience store to get some essentials for our trip (bottled water, breakfast bars, bananas, etc.)

I've recently started using Prime Now delivery from Whole Foods - and was curious if anyone has used this service while staying on-site at UOR.

They have one-hour delivery windows so this is definitely more convenient than trying to grab an uber, go to the store and then lug everything back in an uber and to the room.

Coasted likes this.
  2. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

No, but that's a genius move...I do wonder if it's possible

3. Brad

Brad Newcomer

I haven't been able to find any restrictions (have added Sapphire Falls as the delivery and got to the "Place Order" screen on Prime Now).

I guess it's similar to UberEats (definitely something I've used at UOR hotels). Just curious if anyone has used it (and I guess recommending it if no one has, ha)!

shiekra38 likes this.
  4. Aardvark787

Aardvark787 Newcomer

I know that they allow you to do that at Disney World hotels so I would be surprised if you are not able to do it at Universal hotel.

5. tyro

tyro Rookie

I’ve used Instacart, which is a similar service before at Disney hotels and all they need to do is drop off the groceries at the bellhop (They even have a place to put refrigerated items) and you call the bellhop after you get a notification the times have been delivered for them to bring it up to you. So I would assume it would be the same at UOR.

6. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Sorry I'm not more help, but I would like to know the answer

7. Brad

Brad Newcomer

Just found this on the Hotel Services site: "The hotel cannot accept groceries or any other perishables that are mailed to the resort."

I assume that meeting the delivery driver at the lobby would not be an issue though (similar to UberEats).

Aardvark787, Joe and shiekra38 like this.
  8. Mr Horse

Mr Horse Newcomer

We've used Instacart and similar services several times without trouble. Like the site says, the hotel itself won't accept groceries. (Not many people do it, but most hotels will accept and hold 'normal' packages for guests.) As long as you're meeting the courier personally, it's no different than ordering a pizza.