Why are the Parks Still Busy? | Inside Universal Forums

Why are the Parks Still Busy?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ash

Mar 10, 2013
All the WDW parks have been PACKED this lat week or so... Seems to be lots of big groups too... Anyone know why? I'm a Brit where all the kids are back at school!

good question. my best guess is that the pre-planned parties are starting to swarm in but that's speculation on my part. i mean it can't be summer crowds it's not even May yet!

it's still spring break in some parts of the country...southern parts of louisiana just started theirs today so its the final push. it should significantly slow down through the week and be somewhat quiet until memorial day. i think slow season is a thing of the past. :(

That must be it, lots of "senior" t-shirts on huge groups.... When does that stop then?

We went Easter 2011 and the parks were dead but this year was crazy busy.... Normal walk on rides were hour plus waits! And strangely only at the WDW parks, UO were fairly quiet!!!
A disney employee even said its been crazy and she hasn't seen it like this at this time of year before!

The "slow season" is pretty much dead except for a week in January and some time in September. Even then the crowds aren't that light. You'll usually see most of the year moderately busy to "holy :censored: get me out of here" kind of busy.

How long has it been that way? I've been every year since 1992 and there's always been a brief "quiet period" around the end of April

Sea world, Busch gardens, USF and IOA all dead... Magic kingdom and DHS were crazy busy

I visited all 4 Disney parks this past few days, and all 4 were packed. The busiest by far was Magic Kingdom. The "least" busy was Animal Kingdom. The big attractions continue to have crazy wait times, and it's not even summer yet! Scary!

I think word has spread so much about these so called slow times that everyone has started planning their trips around them so essentially those quiet times are headed the way of the Dinosaur. I admit I am one of those that plan their trips around the supposed quiet times, early Dec, early Feb and early March have all been pretty decent times the past 2 years with Dec starting to get a little busier each year.

Slow season is pretty much gone! You've got seniors graduating high school in the coming weeks and not long after that kids are out for summer break.

MK wasn't bad today, now we got there later (5 PM), but even normally around 5 the park is still pretty busy. Pirates, Small World, Philharmonic, and Haunted Mansion were all walk ons way before the parade started. The longest line we waited in was the carpets and it was 10 minutes - lol We did Belle around 8:40, so not really fair since it was close to parade, but it was pretty much a walk on (just had to wait for the next show to start). Pooh was about 5 minutes, but that was later too. Peter Pan was earlier and I think it was only 20 minutes (can't remember since we just glanced at the times, but the line looked really short). So maybe the parks are starting to slow down now until June. What was funny is we got there right at dinner time, yet the hot dog place had no line!!! I knew then that it had to be more of a dead day.

There currently is a huge cheer competition going on. If you're at All-Star as a guest I feel sorry for you, same for going to the parks or ESPN. It's crazy right now.