Why Isn't USH Creating a Potter Alternative? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Why Isn't USH Creating a Potter Alternative?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As for Special Effects Stage moving back to its original location, a little ride by the name of Transformers is in its place ;)
Yeah, except, no. That was the PREVIOUS home for the Special Effects Stages. As I said in my first post, the ORIGINAL Special Effects Stages are on the Studio Tour (T-7 on the Evolution map... between the former Fast & Furious monstrosity and the tram garage). That wasn't the original name. I don't think it even had one; it was just part of the Studio Tour, also not an original name. But that show was basically the previous Special Effects show, just with 1980s special effects!

Anyhow, now with the announcement of the new Special Effects show, they have partially addressed this problem. But it's still a drop in the bucket, as it's not a completely new show AND they've already lost HALF their shows in the past five years: Backdraft died first, a new show in the Castle Theater (I can't bother to remember the new Stage number) which never appeared because the Special Effects show moved there instead, and the Blues Brothers. (One could also mention T2, but it got replaced by a different movie-based half-ride so we'll let that one go.) This new "dining and entertainment complex" better contain some sort of show that keeps a lot of people busy for a decent amount of time, because there isn't going to be space for everyone to see the shows in Hogsmeade.

^ You know that's from April, yeah...? ;)

If you said "Special Effects Stages" and were mentioning the original location, but were referring to something that wasn't even CALLED that or even considered a separate attraction in the park, etc, of course I'd assume you were referring to the Special Effects Stages that were replaced by Transformers.

Still, I agree that I wish they fast tracked a new attraction instead of this HoH replacement that we're getting.