Why so Few Characters in the Superstar Parade? | Inside Universal Forums

Why so Few Characters in the Superstar Parade?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 3, 2013
They have:
Shrek
Curious George
Transformers
King Kong
Classic Monsters
ET
BTTF
Simpsons
Scooby Doo
Woody Woodpecker

Yet they only used SpongeBob, Dora, DM, and Hop?

Why haven't they expanded it?

Because of the type of parade it is. With the show stops it needs to be a shorter parade.

I still think this parade needs at least seven floats...

Dr Seuss characters...Shrek characters..Scooby Doo characters...even Simpsons would all be obvious additions that would majorly plus this parade.

Dr Seuss characters...Shrek characters..Scooby Doo characters...even Simpsons would all be obvious additions that would majorly plus this parade.

Woody & Curious George
SpongeBob
Despicable Me
Dora
Scooby Doo
The Simpsons
Transformers
ET
King Kong/Classic Monsters
BTTF/Fast and Furious

10 floats and a well rounded all-ages parade - characters for kids and adults :thumbs: I wouldn't use Shrek since its on the decline but that'd be a cool float too!

Last edited:
I would at least have Shaggy, Scooby and the Mystery Machine. And the Simpson's RV with the Simpson's walking.

Yeah, especially since they're both floats for the most part. And it'd make sense to add the DeLorean with Doc Brown and the cars from Fast & Furious. It'd be cool to have Transformers in there too!

The music is set to give each unit their own song. If you add more units, the show stops would be twice as long. So maybe if you cut it down to one show stop...
Either way, it's far too fresh to be pouring more money into it, aside from maintenance (which is very much needed right now).

There are 11 floats in the parade!

Out of what they have the only ones that deserve a float is the simpsons and scooby.

King Kong is a classic so he ought to be in the parade
Woody Woodpecker is USF's MASCOT!!!!! He should be leading the parade (the first float)
Transformers are just a cool addition and they'd help make the parade more than a kids thing

From the Potter construction, is there any possibility they might have designed it so that the parade could start up by fear factor and drive through London? I'm merely trying to imagine a longer parade route that could handle more floats. The only problem I can foresee there is that much of the London street might be used for queue space to Diagon.

What is the current route btw?... it has been changed at least once in the past year.

What is the current route btw?... it has been changed at least once in the past year.

It starts off between New York and San Francisco (by the Beetlejuice entrance), continuing on down through New York (passing by the Mummy and Twister) and straight down through Hollywood, where it stops in front of Terminator and along Hollywood Blvd. After the whole dance party, it ends between Horror Makeup Show and Cafe La Bamba/ET showbuilding.

My general thoughts on the parade is that it is way too short. I get that it stops, but only in one location. So for everyone else watching it, they essentially get three minutes of parade (maybe less...it starts at 5 and is at Hollywood Blvd., the last leg of its route, by 5:15). People are lining up for a very, very small bit of entertainment. I don't see why it needs to stop, and I don't think it's an excuse to make it shorter--in fact, I think the opposite, that it stops BECAUSE it's so darn short and Universal doesn't want to be in the business of ripping people off. There's so much they could do--they already have a Simpsons trailer, so throw that in there. Shrek is a huge missed opportunity, though maybe there's so issues with Dreamworks or something.

And like others have suggested, it doesn't have to be a kids parade--there's nothing intense about a parade, and adding a few non-kid oriented properties wouldn't turn it off to families. Some Fast and Furious cars, Transformers, etc could all be fine additions that don't ruin the family friendliness of it.

As of right now, I think the parade is a joke, and I know I'm not the only one.

Last edited:

Route hasn't changed.

It starts off between New York and San Francisco (by the Beetlejuice entrance), continuing on down through New York (passing by the Mummy and Twister) and straight down through Hollywood, where it stops in front of Terminator and along Hollywood Blvd. After the whole dance party, it ends between Horror Makeup Show and Cafe La Bamba/ET showbuilding.

My general thoughts on the parade is that it is way too short. I get that it stops, but only in one location. So for everyone else watching it, they essentially get three minutes of parade (maybe less...it starts at 5 and is at Hollywood Blvd., the last leg of its route, by 5:05). People are lining up for a very, very small bit of entertainment. I don't see why it needs to stop, and I don't think it's an excuse to make it shorter--in fact, I think the opposite, that it stops BECAUSE it's so darn short and Universal doesn't want to be in the business of ripping people off. There's so much they could do--they already have a Simpsons trailer, so throw that in there. Shrek is a huge missed opportunity, though maybe there's so issues with Dreamworks or something.

And like others have suggested, it doesn't have to be a kids parade--there's nothing intense about a parade, and adding a few non-kid oriented properties wouldn't turn it off to families. Some Fast and Furious cars, Transformers, etc could all be fine additions that don't ruin the family friendliness of it.

As of right now, I think the parade is a joke, and I know I'm not the only one.

There's two show stops. In New York and Hollywood. It reaches Hollywood about 5:15 - 5:20.

I love the parade, way better than anything currently at Disney World. I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Route hasn't changed.

There's two show stops. In New York and Hollywood. It reaches Hollywood about 5:15 - 5:20.

I love the parade, way better than anything currently at Disney World. I'll take quality over quantity any day.
Right on all counts. Despite its brevity, it's easily the best parade in Orlando.

Route hasn't changed.

I could have sworn that the parade entered from west side (BJ) of the park for a time (perhaps currently). I also believed that at another time the parade started in Hollywood and ended in Hollywood at the same gate it entered from. The change probably occurred due to TF being built. Someone help me out here.

Last edited:
I could have sworn that the parade entered from west side (BJ) of the park for a time (perhaps currently). I also believed that at another time the parade started in Hollywood and ended in Hollywood at the same gate it entered from. The change probably occurred due to TF being built. Someone help me out here.

SuperStar has always started at the Beetlejuice gate and ended at the Horror Make Up gate. Macy's and Mardi Gras have started at Hollywood and ended at Hollywood. That could be what you're thinking of.