Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wicked (2024 film)

Whoever they cast just needs to be in their 20s. And I agree, I think a no-name is the way to go. People are going to see the movie regardless. Better to cast on talent than on a name that is going to be divisive, no matter who it is.

Oh and if they could do all of Willemijn’s riffs, that’d be great :lol:

Angela Lansbury should be Madame Morrible, and to make that happen they should really hurry up and make this movie since she's 93!

I watched a documentary that Cats is actually just actors trying to get on broadway who make their own costumes and just join the show and sing random lines and makeup insane names. They make their money from stealing stuff from under the seats when they go out into the audience.

A documentary? Are you sure you don't mean Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? Because there was an episode in the newest season that has that EXACT same plot you just described.

A documentary? Are you sure you don't mean Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? Because there was an episode in the newest season that has that EXACT same plot you just described.

tenor.gif

Naw. I think you're just trying to deflect because you got called out haha. It's ok.

Anyways, I'll believe Wicked is actually happening whenever I see the filming has actually commenced. They've pushed back the date for this so many times. And honestly, part of me would just rather see the book be adapted. But I'm sure that wouldn't make nearly as much money since most audiences are going to see it for the music.

Naw. I think you're just trying to deflect because you got called out haha. It's ok.

How is it possible to mistake Kimmy Schmidt and flippin' Titus Andromedon as a documentary?!?! :lmao:

I may dumb, but I'm not that dumb!

Kimmy Schmidt is a bit of a joke around here because of two episodes featuring Universal Studios.
I almost posted that I heard a rumor that Legends of Greemulax was going to go into KidZone the night it aired also.:)

I stand mostly by my previous casting except for the three leads...which I'm gonna go even more unconventional...

My casting for Wicked would be:
Galinda aka Glinda: Allie Mauzey, Billie Lourd (yes Carrie Fisher's daughter), Ariana Grande (was on broadway as a child)
Elphaba: Cynthia Erivo, Zendaya, Lady Gaga
Fiyero: Aaron Trevit, Do Kyungsoo, or Leslie Odom Jr
Doctor Dillarmond: Idris Elba, Ken Watanabe, Titus Burgess
The Wizard: Christoph Waltz; Hugh Jackman, John Leguizamo
Madame Morrible: Uzo Aduba, Bernadette Peters, Bette Midler, or Lea Salonge
Nessarose: Hailee Steinfield/ Jenna Ushkowitz/Anna Kendrick/actress who actually is in a wheelchair
Boq: Tom Holland, Jamie Bell, Steve Yuen

Is it too easy to want Dove Cameron as Glinda? She fits almost too perfectly. The look, the voice, the fan base she brings, she’s done broadway, her having played Kristen’s chenowth’s daughter in TWO different musicals... It’s scary accurate (also Anna Kendrick as Nessa?)

Is it too easy to want Dove Cameron as Glinda? She fits almost too perfectly. The look, the voice, the fan base she brings, she’s done broadway, her having played Kristen’s chenowth’s daughter in TWO different musicals... It’s scary accurate (also Anna Kendrick as Nessa?)
These are casting preferences that many people have for the role but it’s very easy to answer your question. I believe the role of Glinda should be played by someone a little more complex and ambiguous. I’d be fine if the girl they cast did look like Dove. I just done want Dove. Anna Kendrick is great for the role but I don’t think the studios have much interest with her in the role.

Hire.

Ava.

DuVernay.

I'm gonna disagree here, she is a much better producer than director. Even if they wanted a minority female director, they are much better choices than her.

Such as Chloe Zhao, Gina Prince-Bythewood, Dee Rees, Lulu Wang.

However, I have a feeling they will give it to Spielberg. I mean he manage to do the Color Purple really well which is a story of two sisters and an all minority cast.

I don't care who directs....how is this movie not done yet? It is an adaption of a play? You have all the songs written, dialogue done and have years of reviews of what people liked and didn't like.
Find a cool looking school to shoot at and OZ will be on sets like Mando. With how big this play is...or was its crazy how long its taken to make this