Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wii U

Hockeyman55

Premium Member
Aug 19, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
Noticed there wasn't a thread yet on the Wii U so lets get one started.

I just picked one up a few weeks ago when I convinced my wife that it was essential for our kids development that we pick up one, really I wanted it for Mario Kart but we will just not have to share that with her :lol: So while my kids are still a little young (1,2 and 3 yrs old) to fully grasp the concept of video games and lack the motor skills to fully play it leaves it purely in my hands when i have time, which is at the most and hour or two a week tops. Really the thing that I love most about it is the fact that I can turn it on and play on the Wii U tablet thingy while the kids are watching what ever it is they have on and not disturb them one bit. Sure I can just hook it up to the TV in our room and essentially do the same thing but no way my wife is allowing me to turn into a hermit while she chases our 3 girls around :lol: So that feature alone is great for me. I also like being able to bring it really anywhere in the house and continue playing.

So far we have
Mario Bros and Luigi U
Batman Arkham City Armored Edition
Epic Mickey 2
Lego Batman 2

Getting one for my daughter's birthday the 1st of June. I have always loved nintendo, and when I was 11 I saved up to buy a TV, the original 8 bit nintendo and double dragon.
The Wii U will be the first console I'll have since the N64, I don't have any any consoles at the moment, but I do have emulators for both the NES and the 64.

I got Wii U the Christmas it came out. It was a bundle that included Arkham City and I also have New Super Mario Bros U. I haven't gotten much use out of the system so far. I have been wanting to get Super Mario 3D World for the longest time now. Also with Mario Kart and Smash Bros coming out this year, should be getting more use soon.

I don't have a Wii U yet. I'm waiting for Smash Brothers and the next Zelda game. When I do get one, I'm gonna pick up Windwaker. That's the only game, at least to me, is worth playing for the Wii U now. If you didn't play it on GameCube, get it. One of my favorite Zelda games.

I have one, but I only use it for console exclusives. Multi plats I get on PC or PS4. 3D World, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong, and Wind Waker are great.

As stated already, my daughter is getting it for her 10th birthday, and obviously I am mega excited for it as well :)
Bought the Zelda bundle and a few more games: sonic all star racing, tank! tank! Tank!, tekken, zombiu and transformers prime.
Two more weeks and then she'll receive it, though we will be going to IOA first and then when home again she'll open the present.

- - - Updated - - -

Never played any of the batman games (except on the SNES) what are they like?
I am thinking of getting darksiders for myself, looks cool.

Just pre ordered Mario Kart 8 although it comes out this Friday, which im more excited about than I really should be at my age :lol: Plus Ill get a free copy of Zelda, score

Just an FYI if anyone is interested in preordering, if you pre order with Best Buy before tomorrow you get $10 in gas money also. Double score!

Footage of the upcoming Zelda [video=youtube;SECWlFInyFM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SECWlFInyFM[/video]

And apparently there will be a new starfox game, would be awesome, the original starfox on the snes was a real breakthrough and I think the setup of wii u would make for an awesome flying game.
And then we will still get the new Xenoblade, Devil's Third, Project Cars, Yoshi's Wooly World and Mario Maker, so great stuff coming up.

I wonder if they'll ever do a remake of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for Wii U, or even better, what they really ought to do is a Zelda collection for the Wii U, they could easily put all past games on a single disc. In any case, ZeldaU looks like it will be a modern version of the original game, should be awesome.

I just got a Wii U this past weekend and love it. I only bought Super Smash Bros with it (it came with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land) but that alone is worth it. Greninja was the surprise character of the game for me, I love him and had no clue who he was.