Wii Zapper | Inside Universal Forums

Wii Zapper

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 13, 2013
Orlando
Can anyone tell me how good the motion based aiming works? Except for Golden eye on the N64 my FPS experience is almost entirely on PC.
Being use to the mouse, aiming using an analog stick seems difficult to me, so I was wondering if motion based aiming works, plus mounting it in a wii zapper frame seems kind of cool.

The motion and targeting was always spotty for me on the Wii. Not sure about the Wii U, hopefully they made improvements to it. Also keep in mind this was all with the older wii motes prior to the installed gyroscope. I wasn't about to get one of those.

I know on the Wii the Zapper games can really accentuate the flaws in how the sensor bar works. It is just a matter of luck on how the room is set up, and if your unlucky it's like voodoo magic with trial and error trying to figure it out. External lights, like a computer or cable box, as well as reflective surfaces (because of light) can throw off the signal and make your cross hair bounce. There is also the matter of how big your TV is and how far away you are standing, if your not the right distance the cross hair would move to fast or too slow.

That being said, if you can get it to work properly Link's Crossbow Training is awesome. It was originally bundled with a Zapper for $20-$25, but you may need to look around now to get a good price. But it is a fun shooting practice style game with 27 levels, a third are shooting targets and the rest are different scenarios shooting bad guys from the Zelda universe.

I never played it but I'd check out toy story midway mania too. I was pretty close to picking it up after my first ride at HS