Wild Wild West Stunt Show Walls Removed | Inside Universal Forums

Wild Wild West Stunt Show Walls Removed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jon Fu

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus
Jul 26, 2010
California
Just got word that the old Wild West walls have now been removed. Considering that structure has been there for many years, this is potentially big news.

This probably means they're serious about redoing the area. Central Park?

Reactions: Zacharygof
Do you think the Central Park concept is just temporary? In a park such as USH that lacks expansion space, as nice as a park sounds, I'd rather the space be used for even a small dark ride. And with transformers having the two level space saving design, i think more future USH rides should do that in tight spaces.

I agree that the seasonal budget of HHN and Grinchmas was used to slowly demolish the remaining West theater.  Not a bad idea considering the need to demolish and no current future for this venue.  I also agree that this venue will be created as a "park" dining experience area until a future development comes across the table.

Do you think the Central Park concept is just temporary? In a park such as USH that lacks expansion space, as nice as a park sounds, I'd rather the space be used for even a small dark ride. And with transformers having the two level space saving design, i think more future USH rides should do that in tight spaces.
Definitely - I don't see "Central Park" lasting very long if the idea comes into fruition. Question is, what franchise could they use in that area? When we look at the footprint of Wild West, we could possibly fit something the size of Shrek (see attachment). Who knows, I'm thinking something along the lines of Despicable Me (at least in terms of size, we already know that's going into Terminator's old venue).

What else could they fit in there? How much bigger is Transformers?

View attachment 3

Well, like i posted on Facebook, if they ever decide to SERIOUSLY upgrade the theme park line up, and since WWoHP is the first real "land" at USH, maybe they can use the "central park/western" area PLUS the Paris/London streets and combined they can create a nice LAND like a Suess Landing. Would be more than enough for an expansion if they were serious. Otherwise, they can fit in a nice little dark ride in the space (PLEASE no more simulators...)

The thing is, the park has more space than it chooses to acknowledge. Globe Theater comes into mind, as well as Hollywood Photoland and Universal's House of Horrors.

They just aren't willing to use it. But if they refresh the park by adding "lands," they're seriously going to have to close the park for one year to make the entire layout work. You either go full in (like Islands of Adventure) or you go hodgepodge (Hollywood and perhaps Florida).

Yeah, there's definitely a lot of wasted space....I don't think they can close the whole park to do that, It would be unrealistic. What they CAN do is close parts of it at a time and still have it open, kinda like the DCA redo. But at that point I'd hope they announce it and charge discounted tickets.

I'd see it like this: Lower Lot becomes "Production Central" with the theme being the movie set of all three of the lower lot attractions, but i wouldn't make it as cheesy as it's done currently in Florida...

Upper lot, I'd have a mini Simpsons "springfield" land kinda like in Florida (just retheme most of the surrounding buildings/restaurants), or honestly, put something else in it's place.

The studio tour would be as is, it's...the studio tour aha.

Then we have Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Done.

Then with the Despicable Me area, it is just themed to that one movie, and you would have the play area too, so it would kinda like it's own little land.

Then the western area, combined with Paris/London street, would become Suess Landing from IOA, or a similar themed land with a dark ride and some stuff that can incorporate Grinchmas. I think it would be great for USH.

Unless they're removed for a ride, Animal Actors and Special Effects Stage can just be the "Behind the Scenes" Corner area.

House of Horrors, I'd retheme as an actual ride with Universal Monsters, or the previous rumored Van Helsing ride, and I'd make part of the surrounding area a "Transylvania" like setting.

Waterworld.....um....i guess unless they remove it by then, it could be it's own mini area, or i would make it a Post Apocalypse Land with a backdraft type of show if there's room that simulates "end of world" type of stuff.

I love Doc Brown's, i was just using Universals mentality if they were to want a Simpsons land. Although i can honestly say, if Simpsons were to close today for something else, i wouldn't shed even one tear....

I'm hoping it closes in five years, but we know that isn't going to happen.

But think of the Central Park idea. For once, wouldn't it be great to have a central area of the park? It may not be a lagoon, but I love the idea of having a park circle.

Like I said before, as much as I USUALLY like the sound of an open/nice central area, in a park that's extremely lacking in expansion space, I'd rather it be used for something else, but it'll be a nice temporary thing. Although....i have my doubts it'll be an actual "grassy" park, probably just a central area with some trees, lotsa tables, and maybe a central...something.

I could imagine that place being themed to BTTF in a way, have a cardboard cutout of the Courthouse and the grassy area. 

I could imagine that place being themed to BTTF in a way, have a cardboard cutout of the Courthouse and the grassy area. 
I hope not. I'm kind of getting sick of "cardboard cutouts" - whether it be Transformers or the Grinchmas event. Stick to something more real.

Well, how about a good scaled facade of the courthouse square with a BTTF museum (and Delorean on display) inside? :)

If anyone is good with Photoshop, can you please Photoshop the Cat in the Hat dark ride building from Florida onto the wild west arena area? Just curious what kind of ride/size of a ride we can eventually get.

But can a moderate ride even fit in that area? I'm thinking another show at best - and that's if they choose not to expand the area.

As it stands, I would prefer having a central area for the park. We haven't had one of those in years at Universal, and it'd be great to see what the center of the park looks like.

Reactions: BernardMesa
Yeah, I don't see anything major going there soon. Again, when you look at it, there's not much room.

I'd rather have a flat grassy area than something half-baked - and please, no more motion simulators.