Wildwood NJ Trip | Inside Universal Forums

Wildwood NJ Trip

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hockeyman55

V.I.P. Member
Aug 19, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
Need some advice from you Wildwood experts out there. We possibly may be driving up to NJ to visit family next May and had the thought of stopping over for a night or two in Wildwood. I did a quick glance on Travelocity for next May and almost had a heart attack when I saw some of the prices, are price always that nuts and are there any deals to be had for places sort of close to the boardwalk? I visited for the first time for 2 nights back in 09 and had gotten hooked up with a pace to stay from a friend whose in laws own a condo there (dont think this offer will be available to me this time :bang: )

I'm definitely no expert. I've only stayed 4 times, all on school trips. I can tell you though, that if you're looking the first weekend in May the prices could be due to the TIA Indoor Drumline and Colorguard competition at the Convention Center. They take up a lot of rooms and hotels usually try to take advantage of everyone else.

Each time I stayed, it was at the Starlux. The location is pretty great. Only a few blocks down the board walk and away from the convention center. It would remind you a lot of Cabana Bay going into UOR, it's in that same style. The rooms were okay, but from anything but a style standpoint nothing to write home about.

I've really never heard of deals that go on, but I've never looked either. Maybe somebody like JungleSkip could be more help.

I'm definitely no expert. I've only stayed 4 times, all on school trips. I can tell you though, that if you're looking the first weekend in May the prices could be due to the TIA Indoor Drumline and Colorguard competition at the Convention Center. They take up a lot of rooms and hotels usually try to take advantage of everyone else.

Each time I stayed, it was at the Starlux. The location is pretty great. Only a few blocks down the board walk and away from the convention center. It would remind you a lot of Cabana Bay going into UOR, it's in that same style. The rooms were okay, but from anything but a style standpoint nothing to write home about.

I've really never heard of deals that go on, but I've never looked either. Maybe somebody like JungleSkip could be more help.

Yeah maybe that's why I found some crazy prices, I did search dates in early May but most likely we would go mid-late May.