Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will there ever be a Dark Knight area at UO?

While Marvel is hot now, it was going down the toilet until the early 2000's. Uni got the contract for cheap, whereas DC was way more valuable at the time.

DCs animated cartoons and animated movies are way better than anything Marvel animated...if DC steps up their movie game, we could see them in the top dog spot down the road again...especially since pretty mch every Marvel franchise aside from Iron Man/Avengers and Spidey have dropped in quality and popularity.

Heck, Batman alone was able to go head to head pretty well against the whole Avengers team!

If the time ever did come for Batman to make it's way to UO, it's going to be more along the lines of DC Comics. Not the movies.

While Marvel is hot now, it was going down the toilet until the early 2000's. Uni got the contract for cheap, whereas DC was way more valuable at the time.

DCs animated cartoons and animated movies are way better than anything Marvel animated...if DC steps up their movie game, we could see them in the top dog spot down the road again...especially since pretty mch every Marvel franchise aside from Iron Man/Avengers and Spidey have dropped in quality and popularity.

Heck, Batman alone was able to go head to head pretty well against the whole Avengers team!

How has every franchise dropped? They're still going strong with X-Men spinoffs, Captain America & Thor sequels, an Ant Man movie, etc. We're going to be seeing a lot of Marvel for a very long time. Why? Well for one thing, there are contracts to complete several more movies but even more importantly because they're making money...they're popular and aren't fading at all.

DC on the other hand has been pretty weak in the movie department. The general public sees movies, not animated TV specials, so that's what a theme park would want to bank on. The Green Lantern was awful. The Superman reboot underperformed critically and commercially. There have been no green lights for Flash or Wonder Woman films yet because of the failure of these last two films.
While The Dark Knight trilogy was a huge hit, it wasn't because of the property but because of the director--Chris Nolan brought something really special to the screen and no matter what characters he was working with, he was going to have a hit (notice the first film is the lowest grossing of the three--the interest for Batman wasn't high until word of mouth spread about the films themselves). You can tell DC knows this and lacks faith in their brand by marketing the heck out of Chris Nolan's position as executive producer for the upcoming 'Man of Steel' (Superman reboot 2.0)

Though it may not have been a proactive decision, Universal made the right choice, and I can assure you Marvel will be around for quite a while longer.

Before Marvel was Marvel, it was actually planned to be a Gotham themed island. You guys might enjoy these links:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8

Being a bigger Batman fan than I am of any of the Marvel characters, I would have preferred a Batman themed island over what we have now. Not saying that the Marvel island is bad, I would just think Batman would have been much more interesting.

I need a towel......that would've been amazing.

I dont know what to say that would have been amazing. But beside the point batman has been such an icon in our history from the comics all the way to the movies. Yes i understand it would be more plausible for it to be a DC comics land. But they still shouldnt give up the idea that Batman would be a big hit!!

How has every franchise dropped? They're still going strong with X-Men spinoffs, Captain America & Thor sequels, an Ant Man movie, etc. We're going to be seeing a lot of Marvel for a very long time. Why? Well for one thing, there are contracts to complete several more movies but even more importantly because they're making money...they're popular and aren't fading at all.

DC on the other hand has been pretty weak in the movie department. The general public sees movies, not animated TV specials, so that's what a theme park would want to bank on. The Green Lantern was awful. The Superman reboot underperformed critically and commercially. There have been no green lights for Flash or Wonder Woman films yet because of the failure of these last two films.
While The Dark Knight trilogy was a huge hit, it wasn't because of the property but because of the director--Chris Nolan brought something really special to the screen and no matter what characters he was working with, he was going to have a hit (notice the first film is the lowest grossing of the three--the interest for Batman wasn't high until word of mouth spread about the films themselves). You can tell DC knows this and lacks faith in their brand by marketing the heck out of Chris Nolan's position as executive producer for the upcoming 'Man of Steel' (Superman reboot 2.0)

Though it may not have been a proactive decision, Universal made the right choice, and I can assure you Marvel will be around for quite a while longer.

Just throwing this out there I've heard nothing but great early reviews for Man of Steel.

The Dark Knight ride was decent. Just seemed like a rip off though of another crazy mouse ride they already have outside. The building they threw the ride in use to house ice skating shows and circus acts.

I could see Comcast/NBC purchasing DC, but then you have to revoke the theme park rights from SF, and if Marvel is any indication, that'll be hard/costly.

What do you guys expect from a Six Flags park? This isn't Disney World. It's Six Flags - made for roller coasters and carnival type rides. For Six Flags, the ride looks fine.

Complaining about Six Flags is like complaining about Wal-Mart. We all know what we're getting into and there tend to be other options, but sometimes it's the easiest option. Then when we get there we realize we are in the pits of hell, and that we would have rather have paid the premiums to go else where and vow never to come back...until you know, the next time.

Complaining about Six Flags is like complaining about Wal-Mart. We all know what we're getting into and there tend to be other options, but sometimes it's the easiest option. Then when we get there we realize we are in the pits of hell, and that we would have rather have paid the premiums to go else where and vow never to come back...until you know, the next time.

This right here just made my day. lmao!! :rofl: