Will we ever see an Alcohol-Free HHN? | Inside Universal Forums

Will we ever see an Alcohol-Free HHN?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 2, 2018
Year after year, we hear horror stories of SAs being abused and/or struck by guests, because of this do we think we'll ever see drinks leave the event or be noticeably scaled back? or have they already been placing precautions and I haven't noticed?

Year after year, we hear horror stories of SAs being abused and/or struck by guests, because of this do we think we'll ever see drinks leave the event or be noticeably scaled back? or have they already been placing precautions and I haven't noticed?

I see going forward, Orlando may enact somewhat of a policy similar to Hollywood last year, limiting it only to select area's like Duff or Finnegans (which seems more on-par with Kennywood's alcohol method).

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
First of all removing alcohol won't stop issues that scareators are having. People don't just magically change when they drink too much, if they're the type of person who wouldn't abuse an actor then they still won't if they're the type that would than alcohol only helps to make them slightly more uninhibited. They did make a few changes last year. Personally I think those changes were more to reduce the appearance of alcohol than to actually change how much people drink, I think they were concerned more with image than anything else. Also with the removal of B&T I could see the event becoming more family friendly and it's a trend I've noticed over the last few years. Add in HP and it's another step in that direction. Alcohol going away completely will never happen though, it's just too big a source of revenue.

I see going forward, Orlando may enact somewhat of a policy similar to Hollywood last year, limiting it only to select area's like Duff or Finnegans (which seems more on-par with Kennywood's alcohol method).
that actually sounds pretty smart, I'm glad it won't get to the point where you have to use a breathalyzer to get in houses :p

I don't ever see them going completely alcohol-free since it generates a huge source of revenue. There are several events centered around alcohol alone such as Food and Wine at Epcot and the events at Sea World and Busch Gardens Tampa. Heck, they even serve alcohol at the Magic Kingdom now...and let's face it, if somebody wants to drink they will find a way. They could either sneak it in or just get bombed beforehand.

I think Mardi Gras is a good event to look at as how they could make some changes. It's considered a family event and to a much smaller degree has street performers much like HHN. I think it's a good baseline of how far they would potentially be willing to pull back on the alcohol. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Transformers queue used the same way for HHN this year.

I think Mardi Gras is a good event to look at as how they could make some changes. It's considered a family event and to a much smaller degree has street performers much like HHN. I think it's a good baseline of how far they would potentially be willing to pull back on the alcohol. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Transformers queue used the same way for HHN this year.

How was the transformers que used?

From a business perspective, they'll probably make far more from alcohol sales than any bad publicity and lawsuits.
It kinda sucks though, I’ve always wanted to apply to scare act, and I’ve always known it is a dangerous job, but the factor of having to deal with drunks may make me less enthusiastic

Do you mean the carts with the siren lights? I've also seen those in the various soundstage queues. Or are you talking about something else?
They turned the outdoor queue into a large covered bar area. Seems a lot more organized and a little more out of the way. The thing I see them potentially trying to get away from are the smaller carts like you mentioned and things that give more of an impression of drinking in the streets.

The event went from drowning in alcohol to being in a sprinkler of alcohol; there's still a lot but it's different now. I'm dealing with alcohol consumption on college campuses right now, liquor laws, and other aspects of society so I'm wading (lots of water references here) through a lot of this right now.

Is it possible we see a dry event? Absolutely, anything is possible. Is it probable? I don't think so.

The event went from drowning in alcohol to being in a sprinkler of alcohol; there's still a lot but it's different now. I'm dealing with alcohol consumption on college campuses right now, liquor laws, and other aspects of society so I'm wading (lots of water references here) through a lot of this right now.

Is it possible we see a dry event? Absolutely, anything is possible. Is it probable? I don't think so.
Oh my....My college town was dry at the time, but no longer is. But there was a Beer Distributor right on the border with the next town. What great keg parties we had. More alcohol flowed than if it wasn't a dry town.