Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 348 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Doesn't it appear there is still a considerable amount of construction left on the dragon (i.e. dome construction). Can this be finished in just six days? Jimmy Fallon is 6/16 and media previews 6/17+ so is the dome already pre-fabricated somewhere?

BpseF7MCUAEXxCR.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Huge credit to @violarum for this picture! Wyndham's Theatre is beautiful! I. Just. died.

BpusW57IIAE5PKg.jpg:large

Amazing photo @violarum! There have been lots of great photos today with the walls down but this one takes the cake!

Reactions: PourJudgment
My GF just looked at Violarum's beautiful photo. She said that we may end up spending as much time outside of Diagon, in London, since London is absolutely stunning. LOL

Thanks to everyone so much for the pictures. Absolutely cannot wait to see it all in person.

The bus attendant looks great! I'm sure he'll be a Stan Shunpike-esque character, but I think they'll stick with the policy of not having live actors portray specific characters from the fiction.

They'll just have to shut HE down when one of the parks is close to closing. It's not unusual to have certain attractions be limited.

I don't see why they would have to shut down the HE because the other park is closed. Why not just post a sign saying "No stops. Round-trip only." Then it would in effect become a traditional ride that loads and unloads in the same place.

I don't see why they would have to shut down the HE because the other park is closed. Why not just post a sign saying "No stops. Round-trip only." Then it would in effect become a traditional ride that loads and unloads in the same place.

I honestly hadn't considered that.

I stopped by today, it was great to see the area with the walls down! One detail that stood out to me was I noticed this banging sound coming from inside the station each time the train arrived. I finally realized it was the departure board updating. I thought it was a nice touch that this at least gave the impression that it was all completely mechanical. I got a video it's not very good but you can hear the sound and kind of make out the board changing.
[video=youtube_share;_qT-G9vDu9k]http://youtu.be/_qT-G9vDu9k[/video]

A previous poster noticed that Universal changed their July hours today and now have identical 9 to 10 hours in both parks. I checked June hours and they also changed June 22nd thru June 30th to identical 9-10 hours for both parks. Logic would say June 22nd the grand opening date, if not a day or two earlier.

A previous poster noticed that Universal changed their July hours today and now have identical 9 to 10 hours in both parks. I checked June hours and they also changed June 22nd thru June 30th to identical 9-10 hours for both parks. Logic would say June 22nd the grand opening date, if not a day or two earlier.

Great find! If it isn't a grand opening date, it still might suggest that Hogwarts Express will be running on those days. Seeing as how I will be there on the 25-26th, I'll take that as a good sign,

Anyone know of any specific work being done overnight? I plan on being there bright and early tomorrow morning, and I would like to know if there's anything I should look for.

Thanks. I didn't have a normal camera on me, so I wasn't sure how well the photos would turn out. I'm still learning how to utilize my camera on my Galaxy S5.

Well as I said over there, Aside from any other knowledge I may have I'll go with the easy path. HE can't open without DA. DA can't open with the dragon hidden behind scrims.

Also aside from anything else I might know, there was way to much management there this morning for them to do softs tonight. When they do softs they go heavy on the management.

Also Universal isn't Disney, they do TM previews before the area opens to guests. Did it for Transformers, Phase 1, Rockit, ect.
Not really sure what you mean. Disney always does CM previews first as well. Even with SDMT, which was behind, had CM previews before actually opening to guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.