Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I didn't have a normal camera on me, so I wasn't sure how well the photos would turn out. I'm still learning how to utilize my camera on my Galaxy S5.

I'd say you've learnt a lot. Great photos for a phone!

Thankyou to everyone who has contributed! Keeps those of is who can't just pop in up to date with amazing shots

Thanks everyone for the pictures and videos! They are all so very much appreciated! :thumbs:

Also, a big welcome to all the new members / new posters (former lurkers)! :welcome:

I mean exit from DA.

Exits are on the Wyndham's Theater facade. Look at the openings on either side of the fountain:

20140609_202313_zps8aeaa12f.jpg

Wow, excellent photos overnight! This must have already become the most photographed place in the park and I'm sure it'll continue to be a popular spot for group / family photos when it opens because it's just so photogenic.

The TMs in costume were very cheery, waving and posing for the cameras, even in the rain.

Having never been there, I thought London looked like it should be wet.

The side Leaky Cauldron door that may or may not go anywhere.

I like Kreacher. You can clearly see his ratty pillowcase shirt now. His movements seem a bit more varied than before as well. Again, one day I'll get a polarizer. No. 12's railings are now rusted.

Having never been there, I thought London looked like it should be wet.

Often is wet here, today is a beautiful day to be stuck in the office :bonk:

nD8TWP

(Don't know if my image worked, as Flickr now blocked at work!

Last edited:
honestly don't feel sorry for any of those folks that dropped everything that they were doing (not much i guess?) and headed to the park based on one message board poster who was obviously challenged by everyone else on the board. Softs have always been luck of the draw anyway. You can't get upset every time you miss out on the lotto...and in this case the odds were really against them.

So, now that I have seen clearer pictures... it appears the drab gray steel i-beam above the entrance to Diagon is themed and finished. What is it supposed to resemble and why isn't it otherwise covered or tiled? I don't get it.

So, now that I have seen clearer pictures... it appears the drab gray steel i-beam above the entrance to Diagon is themed and finished. What is it supposed to resemble and why isn't it otherwise covered or tiled? I don't get it.

This:

3321108846_b06bf05cb2.jpg

They're really common.

Actually, I believe that is supposed to be Stanley Shunpike, the ticket taker of the Knight Bus. And holy crap, they did a great job with the casting and costume. Looks just like the one from the movie (except the theme park actor looks a lot sexier than Lee Ingleby, the actor who portrayed him in the movie).

Wow the guy they hired is very good looking. I bet he's going to be popular with the crowd.

No, look closer - the beam is above the entrance sign on the original building, where the windows are on the USF version. I'm saying the beam above the sign is probably the inspiration for the one over the diagon entrance right next to the sign, and in addition these kind of beams are used over the entrances of many Underground stations, not just Leicester Square.

Edit - It looks slightly clearer here.

5005030600_3de9aca25a_z.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.