Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 380 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I thought I was only kidding about it, but if they released a Harry Potter game for XBox 360 and One that gave you some extra capabilities with use of your special wand would be pretty goshdarn awesome. I'm hoping Disney does the reverse of this with their Infinity statues, making them work with all the RFID stuff they have similar to the pirates map stuff.

Something like what you want is on the PS3 with Move, camera and a magic book that comes alive.
The Move controller is used as the wand and all content of the 2 games are specially produced by JK.
http://us.playstation.com/games/wonderbook-book-of-spells-ps3.html

Really cool shot from @KatyChemical, taken this morning:

BqZ8poBCQAEh4jD.jpg

As the 'State Of the Universe' Media event starts in a Half/Hour; We're going to most likely get the Potter opening but... What else do you

guys think will be announced before the thing goes off.. I'd like to know but I'm certain we're not just getting a Opening date...

My guess is that they'll sell a fair amount of stuff, but nothing insane, and at a lower volume than they would like. I would put money on that kind of stuff being the only merch JKR would allow them to sell there. :lol:

Even if they don't sell a TON of the London merch, I'm glad it's there. For all the dumb people who can't immediately recognize the London waterfront, at least they'll know where they are! :smiley:

- - - Updated - - -

ERMAHGERD!! Awesome pictures of The Leaky Cauldron, Bourgin and Burkes, and Diagon Alley! Kudos to @InsideTheMagic.

BqYObzvIIAErukq.png:large

BqYPhKrCAAAgwYD.jpg:large

BqYOVv8IUAEKofj.png:large

AWESOME, t4p! Leaky looks incredible....

July 8th is the opening. Does this mean no softs this weekend for sure? I'll be there, I was really hoping there would be. Also, I'm guessing they're going to do like what they did with phase 1 and have onsite hotel guests get early access since they were promised June 29th, right?

Yeah, I have a feeling this means certain people are scrambling because certain things absolutely have to be a certain way, so followin the media stuff this week, TM preview will occur starting next week and then softs will probably go down, a week or two away from opening... Kinda disappointed, was really hoping we'd be there for opening... Plus I figured Universal would have been a little smart and learned from Disney's media problems - they won't have nearly as much coverage for the actual opening now...

Yeah, after thinking about it a little more it seems like this would be an issue of WB standards. I was thinking Uni must have jumped the gun but remembering all those WB visits, it makes sense - it seems they have a lot more to nitpick at this time around... Understandably, with the money Uni has and the amount they're making, this should be held a little closer under the microscope. I'm sure their people are scrambling now...

Status
Not open for further replies.