Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, HTF! Love the juicy details! :thumbs:

At 4 minutes, the ride should be very satisfying! Not to mention the before and after will make this whole attraction just amazeballs! I can't wait!! :cheers:

So I wasnt around during the creation of Hogsmeade, but these arial shorts make me nervous. I know its not even March, but there seemingly is sooo much to do. Was it this incomplete this far out in the first phase?

So, these new and wonderful aerial photos were taken by Bob and Roodles? Roodles flew all the way over just for that? And who is the third person? Is he a member here?

"Once again I want to thank Towers Times for partnering with me on this project.
I also want to thank Matt from Matt Hopkins Photography and Bill from BGT Fans."

BTW, Bob posted some more pics on Pixels at the Parks.

The R in Kings Cross has been removed
Photo Credit :UOR BUZZ
BhWLRknIUAAMgCi.jpg:large

I'd be so happy if there were high res versions of these photos uploaded somewhere. So many question could probably be answered.

I agree. You could write to Bob and ask him for a particular photo that you are interested in.

A lot of painting has been done on the Wyndham Theater and there's not much pink left! Hooray!!!

You want hi res pics from others but don't post a picture of the theater being finished?

Aah... perhaps you were referring to this picture. Nice to see the top balustrades being installed finally.

BhWMDiQIAAA0SEW.jpg

from UOR Buzz Twitter

Last edited:
You want hi res pics from others but don't post a picture of the theater being finished?
Aah... perhaps you were referring to this picture. Nice to see the top balustrades being installed finally.

I was indeed. Had I'd been there I would've posted a small update. :thumbs:

Looking at these new Pixels photos, it is just so obvious how much wasted space there is in the Diagon Alley design: behind the HE station (the largest by far), to the left of the tunnel/path to King's Cross from the HE station, the space behind Grimmauld Place.

Also, I noticed elevated TM access into the backstage side of Grimmauld Place. Interesting?

You might be a crazy person. It looks, to me, like there's less space than Hogsmeade. Imagine people moving through the space, whether it's park guests or employees. I think it looks pretty cramped.

Looking at these new Pixels photos, it is just so obvious how much wasted space there is in the Diagon Alley design: behind the HE station (the largest by far), to the left of the tunnel/path to King's Cross from the HE station, the space behind Grimmauld Place.

Also, I noticed elevated TM access into the backstage side of Grimmauld Place. Interesting?

I wouldn't deign to judge or call these remaining areas "wasted space". These are some of the best theme park designers in the world and I am sure they have very good reasons for the additional backstage area. One reason they cannot block 5th Ave (backstage) is because it is a major emergency route. There will be a ton of service vehicles serving Diagon.

Last edited:
the service areas are a necessary evil. This isn't like Disney that has an underground network. I pretty sure it will be pretty tight for everyone involved. I am seriously impressed witht the sheer amount of shops, facades, restaurants that they have squeezed into this small space. I would imagine the lines for these places will be LONG. I'm not going near the park until off season, and on a non-weekend day the first year. Forget about HHN or Xmas time. They should just shut that area of the park down..ha ha.

I've been looking over the new aerial shots (which are great! If anyone involved is reading, thank you!). Does anyone have any thoughts on what appears to be an enormous doorway in the wall to the right of the Owl Post? I can't tell from the angles on the other side if it's an actual opening or just theming. If it is an actual doorway, what could they be planning to bring though it that would need that large of a pass through? Or if it's not a door, is that the backdrop for the proposed show that's coming to Carkitt Market? Insight would be greatly appreciated.

I see no reason at this point to say that any of it is wasted space. If they've reserved an area of land for backstage, you can bet it's needed for operations: loading, garbage pickup, employee areas, emergency/evac, etc.

As to the stairs and access to the back of Grimmauld, I noticed that, too. There's got to be something going on with that, but I can't for the life of me imagine what.

EDIT: Looking back at the foundation plans, it does look like there might be an actual pass through in the wall mentioned above. Very mysterious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.