Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ok. You don't have to believe me. Better yet, I don't care that your telling me I am making things up. :) but I'm glad we have wonderfully nice people like you Nitro to contribute to the boards. Makes it so wonderful. Or do you not believe that either? Did I make that up?

Since a very sepcific training is going on today (See theuoleaker's comments) that requires the ride be de-engergized I highly doubt TM previews of the ride are going on, so yes this is made up. As far contributions your a first time poster with big news which is almost always a red flag. I have a history of being pretty accurate.

Universal Orlando uses both BRAC & LOTO :wave:
Universal Orlando, yes. Attractions, not anymore.

But since you made reference to when they evac I assumed you were talking about ride attendants, which about a year ago swapped over from LOTO to BRAC. The technicians still use LOTO, but for an evac BRAC is used.

Since a very sepcific training is going on today (See theuoleaker's comments) that requires the ride be de-engergized I highly doubt TM previews of the ride are going on, so yes this is made up. As far contributions your a first time poster with big news which is almost always a red flag. I have a history of being pretty accurate.

I never once said it was TM previews. Not once. I was just referencing the attraction cycling with yes some Diagon TM getting the chance to ride. And that's great you have a history of being accurate. And so do I. Yes this is my first time posting news about Universal, but not my first time posting news about another Theme Park giant in CA and FL.

It sounds like the Gringotts TM previews are going on right now.
Last I heard, evacuation training hasn't taken place yet. Can't do TM previews before that.
If TM previews are going on it's for Diagon Alley, not general TMs. Even then I'm doubtful.
Like I said that was just my interpretation, must be training or something else then.
Oh yea? So what's going on inside Gringotts right now is just imaginary. I must have been seeing things!

Fair.... you didn't say the words TM previews were going on. However that is the only Gringotts discussion going on when you made your "So what's going on inside Gringotts right now is just imaginary" So the implication is there.

Also people have rode, but the team doesn't have ridership yet.... so I still don't think so.

Yeahhhhhh so how about that London music? I'm very surprised they didn't go with more atmospheric London-esq music and sounds like Big Ben in the distance and what not. Save the Potter music for inside.

Yeahhhhhh so how about that London music? I'm very surprised they didn't go with more atmospheric London-esq music and sounds like Big Ben in the distance and what not. Save the Potter music for inside.

I totally agree with you. Perhaps this is just Potter music to tease the waiting onlookers into realizing this is a Potter attraction? Having regular British music or sounds would work much better, I agree.

Reportedly Mark Woodbury was upset yesterday that the dragon was not complete yet. Also, with the fact that the london waterfront still needs some touch ups.

Given to me by some friends.

Last edited:
Plus Stan Shunpike is a Death Eater in the books and no one knows what happened to him after the battle of Hogwarts, so there's always that added reason too for it not being him.

I don't think Stan Shunpike was an actual deatheater, but he was accused and jailed. Harry wanted him released and wouldn't work with the ministry because of it. I'll have to get the book out and read that part, but I think stan was boasting or trying to sound important or something.

Perhaps this is just Potter music to tease the waiting onlookers into realizing this is a Potter attraction? Having regular British music or sounds would work much better, I agree.

I think they are playing Potter music to hype up that Potter is coming, but once they officially open, I believe they will have more "generic" London tunes out by the embankment, and Potter music inside Diagon only. Or at least I hope it will end up being this way! :thumbs:

I think they are playing Potter music to hype up that Potter is coming, but once they officially open, I believe they will have more "generic" London tunes out by the embankment, and Potter music inside Diagon only. Or at least I hope it will end up being this way! :thumbs:

I was very surprised yesterday how many guests were asking what the London facade was, the TM's guarding the fence were constantly answering the question and telling people it was Harry Potter. I could see them keeping the Potter music just to help clue people in.

I was very surprised yesterday how many guests were asking what the London facade was, the TM's guarding the fence were constantly answering the question and telling people it was Harry Potter. I could see them keeping the Potter music just to help clue people in.

not surprised
I was at MK last week waiting on my Be our Guest reservation and someone walked up to the CM and asked if this was where the haunted house was? people are pretty clueless on this stuff

My friend just posted these pictures on Facebook about 2 hours ago of guests waiting for a soft opening.

10285068_10152537664599095_4890567477590529870_o.jpg

10293697_10152537664489095_8423173632961456490_o.jpg

The Event Staff are shouting that it is not and will not be opening or soft opening. These people really baffle me... :doh:

My friend just posted these pictures on Facebook about 2 hours ago of guests waiting for a soft opening.

The Event Staff are shouting that it is not and will not be opening or soft opening. These people really baffle me... :doh:

The problem is some of these folk will know - like with HP1 and Transformers - the TM's regularly said "This will not be opening today". Only to open for softs 5 mins later.

Not that I'm suggesting it's going to open. I realize there's still a good few steps that need to be gone through. Just sayin' the rod for the back has been made.

Even though they're stupid, there's a great sense of atmosphere and buzz about those pictures! It makes me think about just how cool it is that DA is hidden away behind there, completely invisible - all those people are standing there, knowing what is so close by on the other side but completely detached from it. I love the sense that it's all happening behind there but we can't see it. How exciting!

Even though they're stupid, there's a great sense of atmosphere and buzz about those pictures! It makes me think about just how cool it is that DA is hidden away behind there, completely invisible - all those people are standing there, knowing what is so close by on the other side but completely detached from it! I love the sense that it's all happening behind there but we can't see it. How exciting!

Absolutely agree. ^^^^

Universal Orlando would have to prove to OSHA (or the Florida state equivalent, if they're a state plan state) that their energy control procedures are at least as effective as lock out tag out in order to be in compliance. That is not something that is up to the owner's discretion. In normal circumstances, it's made very difficult to prove "as effective" and is typically cheaper, and in the long run safer to just use Lock Out/Tag Out. I'm not espousing any knowledge of what is used, however in my experience with safety regulations, it would be highly unlikely for Lock Out/Tag Out to not be used in any circumstances.

Universal Orlando, yes. Attractions, not anymore.

But since you made reference to when they evac I assumed you were talking about ride attendants, which about a year ago swapped over from LOTO to BRAC. The technicians still use LOTO, but for an evac BRAC is used.

10285068_10152537664599095_4890567477590529870_o.jpg

10293697_10152537664489095_8423173632961456490_o.jpg

People, you're wasting your time, just go home! It's not going to happen today, and probably not til next week at least! Geez, don't these people have lives or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.