Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 357 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
photo.jpg~original

Soooo.... Japan....

Reactions: badlactose
Wow, that picture is amazing!!

EDIT: Also, I just heard that the TM's working Diagon are in a "black out period" between 20-22 meaning that NOBODY can request a day off for those three days. Anybody know if this is true or not? If it is, it just adds more evidence to the 20-21 opening time frame.

Last edited:
Today was the second day in a row that 3 planes in formation circled over universal. I tried to take some quick pictures from my back yard but they didn't turn out very good. Any clue how these would tie into the opening? Seems as if they are doing some test runs just like the jets did a few days before Transformers opened, those damn things scared the crap out me as they came very low over my house and I wasn't expecting them, these were prop planes I believe. I understood the connection to that but can't figure out what the planes would do for diagon opening.

Not unless they are dragging a car behind them.

Or they are going to skin them as dragons

Where exactly do you wait for this? Are the parking garages open? lol

I have no idea. Worse case if the garages aren't open grab a spot at a resort and walk over to the parks but then will have to pay the parking fee. Id imagine if you plopped a spot at the entrance gate to Universal that would be a good spot to start. Next to a pole and under cover preferably

I have no idea. Worse case if the garages aren't open grab a spot at a resort and walk over to the parks but then will have to pay the parking fee. Id imagine if you plopped a spot at the entrance gate to Universal that would be a good spot to start. Next to a pole and under cover preferably

I've researched this. I believe CityWalk doesn't allow guests till 5am, so once garages open head on over. You'll still beat them and you will have a good spot.

Wow, that picture is amazing!!

EDIT: Also, I just heard that the TM's working Diagon are in a "black out period" between 20-22 meaning that NOBODY can request a day off for those three days. Anybody know if this is true or not? If it is, it just adds more evidence to the 20-21 opening time frame.

I'm off the 20th and 21st. So, not true

Does anybody have the link to that company that did sculpting for the HP movies? It was posted here a while back, and I've searched everywhere for it and cannot find it. I should have bookmarked it! They did other movies too, but loads of work for all the HP movies. Many great pictures on their site.

I believe you are looking for Bryn Court :thumbs:

Soooo.... Japan....

Check it out! :cheers:

I'd think that the general public who has to plan a vacation isn't going to plan a vacation to be a part of an opening day where they have to wait hours just to get into the park, let alone everything else. If you are planning a vacation to be at opening day, you are an enthusiast.

Yeah, thats a good point. And I guess without announcing an official date they avoid the problem of delaying things.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm an out-of-towner who's planning a vacation and is anxious for an opening date, but it's not because I want to be there when it opens. The opposite is true, actually. I want to see Diagon Alley as soon as possible, but I don't want to have to wait hours to enter the park.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm an out-of-towner who's planning a vacation and is anxious for an opening date, but it's not because I want to be there when it opens. The opposite is true, actually. I want to see Diagon Alley as soon as possible, but I don't want to have to wait hours to enter the park.

But you can make plans from June 29th forward. Grand opening or not it's going to be packed for the usual summer crowed through the end of July.

Does anyone here have an absolute confirmation of when actual humans started riding through on the Gringotts attraction? I am looking for an actual date. April 1?, May 15?, June 1st?, Still haven't?

All I have heard about is cycling the cars, which implies they were carrying water dummies.

PM me if you would rather not say publicly.

Does anyone here have an absolute confirmation of when actual humans started riding through on the Gringotts attraction? I am looking for an actual date. April 1?, May 15?, June 1st?, Still haven't?

All I have heard about is cycling the cars, which implies they were carrying water dummies.

While it is hard to tell, it appears in one of the videos they released a week or two ago that people are on the ride. You can clearly make out the fact that they are IN the car and that a show element is happening around them. Start watching the video at 1:17 and notice the side of the car and its shape. Then a few seconds later you can see people with the glasses on, with a show element in the background and them inside the car based on the fact that the curved "side guards" of car can be seen to their side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEWmGL4txcI&list=PLIjU8lNECAo-YhDTj4xjqOVFOtilQsYjG

Based on this, it would seem that the ride has at least past all the needed safety inspections to allow humans on board. It of course doesn't mean that it is 100% ready for the general public. However, I think a lot of the "Oh it is so far behind" comments are simply rumors. You have to remember that the show building and most likely the track of the ride had been completed MONTHS ago, well before London started to even go up. It was the first thing they built because they knew how much testing would be required.

In regards to an unannounced date, that really shouldn't be blamed for screwing with people's ability to plan vacations.

If they DO open on the 21st, which I think is looking more and more to be the case, that's the first day of summer. They've been saying for a long time that it will be open Summer 2014. So if vacationers make their plans for any time during Summer 2014, the area will be open, and Universal has stuck to their word. If people decide to postpone their trips because they think the opening might be later, that's really on them.

Also, if I remember correctly, there were some people last time around who were upset the Universal had advertised "Opening Spring 2010" and then finally opened on June 18th with only a few days of Spring to spare. This time around, a summer solstice opening may be them saying "When we say open this summer, we mean the entire summer."

I was heading toward London to see if there was anything going on and it started pouring, so I ran to Transformers (20 min wait) Sorry there's nothing new here. I was planning on getting close ups, maybe later.

Yeah... what I was looking for was average folks that don't work in creative... and by this, I mean TMs, Executives, Cooks etc.

Ah so that's what actual humans are. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.