Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I need to lay off the #potterwatch. @FLThrillParks just tweeted this and now I want to puke.

"Rumor is #potterwatch Harry potter won't be open BY the 30th...we heard "much later" but before august....again just a rumor."

Obviously just conjecture but the thought still saddens me.

This is BS.

What I hear is Gringotts is fine, ramping up, and right now Diagon Alley is just being shown off to construction crews, their families, creative types, and filming.

So If I were hanging out by where the tonight show will be filming, what are the odds I can get in without a ticket? (to the filming, I have park tickets already)

I would say, 0 odds. All the tickets were given out in 5 minutes, but you can still see the performances being done in the music plaza.

Went to Studios today at 9 when it opened and saw Natalie Morales from the Today Show and her family filming at the entrance turnstiles. Also she was seen filming in front of London, I guess for a piece on the Today Show...

Rumors on twitter is that the interactive wands will only be $44 each.

I forsee thousands of wannabe wizards crowding all of the spell casting places...after thousands are crowding the stores to buy the wands. I hope they have some TM wizards nearby each marker to keep order.

If they have an opening weekend line throughout the park, I don't know what they are going to do with these guaranteed thunderstorms.

I'm kind of torn on the opening! We are coming from the UK and staying at Hard Rock from 29 to 2nd,but my daughter is only 6. If its not opened on 21st, there's a part of me would actually like it to be delayed until after our stay. Would rather have to deal with huge crowds as opposed to humongous crowds if it ended up opening while we were there. And it would be a good excuse to book flights for next year if we missed the opening.

Sorry guys!

Rumors on twitter is that the interactive wands will only be $44 each.

I forsee thousands of wannabe wizards crowding all of the spell casting places...after thousands are crowding the stores to buy the wands. I hope they have some TM wizards nearby each marker to keep order.

That seems really cheap. I wonder how many different designs they will have and what will stop groups from buying one wand and handing it off to their buddies behind them in line so they can have a go.

That seems really cheap. I wonder how many different designs they will have and what will stop groups from buying one wand and handing it off to their buddies behind them in line so they can have a go.

The wands will be available in all the current zodiac designs, but not the hero (character) wands.
I'm not 100% but I belive if you successfully cast a spell that location may deactivate for your wand for a period of time, to prevent "camping"...

From what I've heard, the wands will be disarmed after one go at a location, and won't register at that location for awhile. Not an insider AT ALL, just what I've heard here and elsewhere

EDIT: He just barely beat me to it ^

The wands will be available in all the current zodiac designs, but not the hero (character) wands.
I'm not 100% but I belive if you successfully cast a spell that location may deactivate for your wand for a period of time, to prevent "camping"...

That's great news they thought of this.

I'm curious how unique each wand is. If each one has a different wireless ID, they could be linked to the user at some point (i.e. Magic Band) and possibly have other functions down the road.

Opening your resort door with your wand would be pretty darn cool.

Ok, an owl informs me that this may have changed. If so, I'm shocked they got JKR to approve...

Please tell me they won't all be the same, a picture was taken earlier (don't remember source) and it looks like the new interactive wands that a woman is carrying, but they both look the same *sorry don't know how to insert pic*

EDIT: okay so here's the link to the tweet with the photos, in the top right photo, you can see two unfamiliar looking wands https://twitter.com/touringplans/status/477823938584518656

Last edited:

I've been told by someone who's used the interactive wands that they used Voldemort's to do so. But this person also wasn't very sure so they could be different designs. Just what I've been told...

Some of the birthday / zodiac wands are quite big and slightly heavy. I know mine is well over a foot long. I'm not sure how that will work with the interactivity. I wonder if they're adapting the same designs to slightly smaller wands or keeping those same sizes... :shrug: The big wand size is also a pain for lockers...

Some of the birthday / zodiac wands are quite big and slightly heavy. I know mine is well over a foot long. I'm not sure how that will work with the interactivity. I wonder if they're adapting the same designs to slightly smaller wands or keeping those same sizes... :shrug: The big wand size is also a pain for lockers...

It's not the size of the wand, it's how well you cast your spell. :look:

I've been told by someone who's used the interactive wands that they used Voldemort's to do so. But this person also wasn't very sure so they could be different designs. Just what I've been told...

No, my latest info says there could be multiple hero wands. Harry, Dumbledore, and Voldemort would be my (purely speculative) guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.