Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Ollivanders piece was great. Total Fallon. I am surprised that WB let that kind of humor fly on this IP... but hey, from the perspective of promotion, it was great.

I would have not expected less from Fallon. I thought it was pretty funny. Especially liked how Ollivander stayed in character. I wonder how many takes they had to do :)

the "interactive" wands thing is cool I guess..but I don't see ever wanting to spend $44.95 for one. Plus, if there are a bunch of people lined up, you can kind of see the effect a bunch of times while you are waiting. Kind of ruins the surprise element. Just seems way over priced to me.

the "interactive" wands thing is cool I guess..but I don't see ever wanting to spend $44.95 for one. Plus, if there are a bunch of people lined up, you can kind of see the effect a bunch of times while you are waiting. Kind of ruins the surprise element. Just seems way over priced to me.

Are these confirmed to be $45? $45 for a wand that does "magic" vs $35 for one that does absolutely nothing? I think these will fly.

Are these confirmed to be $45? $45 for a wand that does "magic" vs $35 for one that does absolutely nothing? I think these will fly.

Not confirmed, but reliable people like Derek Burgan and Attractions are agreeing on that price.

And yea, if a normal want is 30, a want that actually does something for 45 seems reasonable

That's really pretty awesome, definitely makes me sad I already bought Dumbledore's wand though. I'd much rather pay the $45 for a real magic wand than a non-magic wand or a blinky skater helmet.

I'm sure they will sell, but that doesn't mean they aren't over priced. I don't think I'd pay for then $20

I think it's fairly reasonable for a gift that will hold sentimental value for many and do things in the park. People buy wands that do nothing for $35, so I don't see this price being ridiculous. Theme park items are expectedly overpriced, and people care enough about certain properties to buy things from them, a magic wand arguably being one of the more unique souvenirs...

Supply vs. Demand, basic rule of economics

The maps included with the wands almost look worth $20 to me. I'll be framing mine, I think.

Yeah, while I should not have been surprised, I was very impressed with the map execution.

I've been wondering how easy it might be for someone to steal the RFID codes and program them into a blank credit sized cards. There are tiny hack readers designed to do just that. (can you imagine a bunch of people standing there waving credit cards? hehehe)

Yeah, while I should not have been surprised, I was very impressed with the map execution.

I've been wondering how easy it might be for someone to steal the RFID codes and program them into a blank credit sized cards. There are tiny hack readers designed to do just that. (can you imagine a bunch of people standing there waving credit cards? hehehe)

I'm picturing a whole crowd of Fry's screaming take my money waving credit cards right now

That's not the debate though

I wasn't aware there was a debate...

I was simply replying to Ad0niS8 statement. Personally, I see the value in an interactive wand, but I struggle to agree that an interactive wand has more value, a $15 increase in value anyway, over a non-interactive wand because once you leave the parks, they will be identical. In the long run, at home and to the naked eye, a $45 interactive wand and a $30 non-interactive one will still look like the same stick. I don't see why Ad0niS8 should be sad that he has a Dumbledore wand, and saved 15 bucks, because once he brings the $45 wand home, it will function just like his Dumbledore one. Short term value, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.