Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friendly reminder to record/watch the Today show on Wednesday and the rest of the week. The last 2 days they've been teasing with newly filmed footage saying that they'll be in Diagon Alley live starting on Wednesday.

ERMAHGERD!! Awesome pictures of The Leaky Cauldron, Bourgin and Burkes, and Diagon Alley! Kudos to @InsideTheMagic.

BqYObzvIIAErukq.png:large

BqYPhKrCAAAgwYD.jpg:large

BqYOVv8IUAEKofj.png:large

ERMAHGERD!! Awesome pictures of The Leaky Cauldron, Bourgin and Burkes, and Diagon Alley! Kudos to @InsideTheMagic.

BqYObzvIIAErukq.png:large

BqYPhKrCAAAgwYD.jpg:large

BqYOVv8IUAEKofj.png:large

Wow. Just wow. These pictures, the dragon breathing fire and the shot of the entirety of Diagon Alley are just awesome. I can't wait for September when I get to see it in person!

And, per @skubersky on Twitter, we have Gringotts money!

@skubersky: "Returned to my room to find $20 in Gringotts money! @UniversalORL [HASHTAG]#DiagonAlleyPreview[/HASHTAG] http://t.co/lkDz1PWeAs

Last edited:
It seems from what Rick from InsideTheMagic is saying that from what he got hold that on how big the 'State of the Universe' event will have "Something to remember"

from which makes me think, It might just not be a Kong announcement... Something makes me feel of a larger announcement to occur tommorow. Not sure what but I feel

larger than what Kong is and it is big due to he is returning but, theres more bigger things...

Ooh... just noticed the solution to the staircase to nowhere... there appears to be some sort of sales wagon parked in front of it.

But I want to climb it so bad! :'(

I can't wait to see the forced perspective they are using with those stairs in person. I love when a theme park presents you with a vista that hints at much bigger spaces beyond that you could travel to if given the oppottertunity.

Last edited:
I tried looking for the information on the webcast, especially the one tomorrow but I cannot seem to locate them anymore. What time and where to find them? Any help is greatly appreciated! :rep:

London Merch

10401741_753198471398144_740298971_n.jpg

From instagram- @kyzman

It looks like there is a tube towel or shower curtain there. If it's the latter, I want it.

Other thoughts:
I am blown away by the Leaky Cauldron. It looks so much bigger than I expected.
The Gringotts notes look like Traveler's Checks. I don't know if I really care for the gimmick since it's not actual coinage.

Last edited:
Are people going to buy that GB, London, England stuff? I dunno, seems iffy, just like selling USA stuff in Europe would be iffy.
What would you expect them to sell there though? The area is themed to London, it's not like you can just sell anything there and have it make thematic sense.

The description for tomorrow morning's episode of "Today" states guests are Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane and Tom Felton. Also, Evanna Lynch tweeted she was on her way to Orlando. The stars are descending on Universal!

It looks like there is a tube towel or shower curtain there. If it's the latter, I want it.

I'd go with tea towel.

This merch will be a hit, the amount of times I've been asked if I've had afternoon tea with the queen.... Lol

At this moment in time, just before the mass hysteria breaks loose, let's take a moment to reflect on how far we've come.

Spend the next 2 minutes to watch the creation of this new area.
Watch it in HD and full screen! (if You can)

[video=youtube;2Yj4Bc16dUI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj4Bc16dUI[/video]

I would like to thank everybody for a wonderful, informative AND entertaining time. :happy:
I haven't contributed with very much (living in Norway of all places), just the odd comment here and a few pics there, but it's been really great!

So thank You everybody and see You around when Uni decides to expand "The Wonderful World of Harry Potter"!
(which I'm sure they will in time)
OBE :wave:

Great video OBE, thanks for sharing, shows just how well the build went really!

All those pictures! So exciting!!! Diagon, and Leaky, and Knockturn, and ... I'm having a HP fan-gasm! :happy:

Isn't there a "Wand Repair Shop" facade right next to Ollivanders? It could be that when your wand RFID expires, you have to go and have it reprogrammed ("repaired") for a fee.

While they could change the accepted codes every so often, they might add the service of "retuning" a returning wand so that its codes would also be accepted by the system on any particular day.

And now the $45 price is making more sense... as an initial price. Then you'd pay per play thereafter... (I'm assuming!)

you all might be happy by this...
https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/479027232866717696/photo/1
Yep. Fire breather...

That is an amazing capture! Props to @bioreconstruct!

BqXYuEWCMAMutjR.jpg:large

Okay. What even. I can't believe this is happening already. Didn't they break ground on Phase I, like, a month ago?

Those pictures gave me chills. I can't even think about what tomorrow night's event will be like.
At this moment in time, just before the mass hysteria breaks loose, let's take a moment to reflect on how far we've come.

Spend the next 2 minutes to watch the creation of this new area.
Watch it in HD and full screen! (if You can)

[video=youtube;2Yj4Bc16dUI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj4Bc16dUI[/video]

I would like to thank everybody for a wonderful, informative AND entertaining time. :happy:
I haven't contributed with very much (living in Norway of all places), just the odd comment here and a few pics there, but it's been really great!

So thank You everybody and see You around when Uni decides to expand "The Wonderful World of Harry Potter"!
(which I'm sure they will in time)
OBE :wave:

It really feels like Jaws closed just a few weeks ago and now Diagon is about to open... Time has flown by! It's stunning visually and mentally to look at Diagon standing right there, tangible, all ready for us! :cheers: Thanks to everyone that is part of OU! It's awesome experiencing this with all of you! :cheers:

Leaky looks incredible!! I can't quite tell, but I'm hoping that Sirius poster is actually a screen so the photo moves! It does look like it is slightly illuminated... :happy:

I've been to the Potter studio tour that's just outside London, I expected big things from the expansion but I didn't think they would be able to copy the studio tours details. I was wrong. It's looks as good if not better than the studio and that just blows my mind.

Shame it's going to be 3 years before I get to see it. Hopefully the crowds may have died down by then, not holding my breath though :smiley:

I've been to the Potter studio tour that's just outside London, I expected big things from the expansion but I didn't think they would be able to copy the studio tours details. I was wrong. It's looks as good if not better than the studio and that just blows my mind.

I agree, I went on the tour earlier this year, the tour means that you see the roof of the studio, and the technical things, especially in DA (you don't see the top of the bank). This looks amazing, can't wait for December!

Status
Not open for further replies.