Wonders of Life Pavillion & Iron Man Experience? | Inside Universal Forums

Wonders of Life Pavillion & Iron Man Experience?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2012
Port St. Lucie, FL
I'm just speculating, no actual news is ourconnthis subject.

Earlier today it was announced that the Disneyland Hong Kong Park will shut down Start Tours and build the first Disney/Marvel Crossover, Iron Man Experience. It's, essentially, Star Tours 2 themed to Iron Man and the Marvel Franchise. I know the Wonders of Life Pavillion is closed and had been for years. I think they open it up for conventions, but otherwise, it renames dormant. In there, they had a ride called "Body Wars", a clone of Star Tours through the human body. I was wondering if you thought Disney could revamp this area and make a Marvel Avengers' themed area in EPCOT, which hadntvhsd any sort of upgrades in a while. There are other attractions in there and the only "Avenger" who has a ride at Island of Adventure is The Hulk. To me, I think this could really work well for Disney if they do revamp the Pavillion. Thoughts?

Disney cannot use Marvel in WDW due to Universal owning the rights in the Continental US east of the Mississippi. End of story. Feel free to do a search on the subject. It has been discussed at length.

:lock1:

Damn. That kinda sucks, especially with the fact that only The Hulk is used of the Avengers. I keep forgetting about that and just threw it out since I know there was "slight demolition" of the building" (just saw that thread). BTW, besides its age, is there any other reason why they shut the pavilion down?

Damn. That kinda sucks, especially with the fact that only The Hulk is used of the Avengers. I keep forgetting about that and just threw it out since I know there was "slight demolition" of the building" (just saw that thread). BTW, besides its age, is there any other reason why they shut the pavilion down?

Age had nothing to do with it. It's the youngest FW pavilion of them all. But it lost its sponsor, and Disney had no intention of paying to keep it running by themselves, so they shut it down.

Age had nothing to do with it. It's the youngest FW pavilion of them all. But it lost its sponsor, and Disney had no intention of paying to keep it running by themselves, so they shut it down.

That is such a crap reason for Disney to pull, not shocking though. How did it fare in popularity?

I've always wondered of what the "Selective Demo" was for. It was definitely not Cranium Command theater, I think it was the Cranium Command queue and the Body Wars Simulators. While talking to CMs they said the Body Wars queue is still intact, but if you walked into the doors to go to the simulator you would fall a few feet...

Hulk isn't the only Avenger used. Spider-man was/is also an Avenger. Thor and Iron Man are depicted in MSHI with cardboard images. And Captain America is available for meet and greets.

Status
Not open for further replies.