Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wonders of Life Replacement

Do you think this new movie could suit the pavilion?

• Total voters
Jun 8, 2013
With Pixar set to release Inside Out (a film inside of a girl's body), could this become a theme if EPCOT decides to redo the Wonders of Life pavilion?

As much as I want it to happen, they won't get rid of WOL in the near future. They'd rather use it as festival space then make a ride.

With Pixar set to release Inside Out (a film inside of a girl's body), could this become a theme if EPCOT decides to redo the Wonders of Life pavilion?

That sounds too much of a draw for the folks in TDO :lol: but seriously I'd love that! Only I kinda wish it would stay in Pixar Place... why not just make the 5th gate a Pixar-Land? Relocate Buzz, Laugh Floor, Midway Mania, Seas With Nemo and Friends, Nemo - The Musical, and It's Tough to Be a Bug... and just add on from there! :thumbs:

That sounds too much of a draw for the folks in TDO :lol: but seriously I'd love that! Only I kinda wish it would stay in Pixar Place... why not just make the 5th gate a Pixar-Land? Relocate Buzz, Laugh Floor, Midway Mania, Seas With Nemo and Friends, Nemo - The Musical, and It's Tough to Be a Bug... and just add on from there! :thumbs:

It would cost a lot to relocate the world's largest aquarium :p

Wow, that concept sounds really similar to the cartoon from a while back... I think it was called Osmosis Jones? Bill Murray was in it along with Chris Rock voice starring.
Regardless, it'd be an interesting replacement if TDO was actually willing to do it. Unfortunately with their current pattern I'm not so sure it will happen.

No. I think the refurbishment of The Seas was enough Pixar for Epcot. Maybe even too much. Maybe I'm just weird, but I feel like Pixar and other Disney characters don't belong in Future World attractions.

It kills me to say this but nothing is gonna happen. Epcot, my favorite Disney park is bringing in to much money through F&B sales for them to care about offering a new attraction. You will see Soarin (which mind you was the last major addition) recieve a makeover and new film before you see anything else. Not to mention Future World is soooooo dated an empty pavillion for the better part of a DECADE isn't something I would like to see dealt with. Somebody give them a BILLION dollars so they can renovate Future World please!! Yes it would take a cool billion to bring FW up to date easily...

I think he was just referring to the ride, which does use an aquarium, but they can build a newer, smaller one if they ever were to relocate it (which won't happen). The rest of The Seas is fine. I have a lot of fun exploring all of the different marine exhibits. But the Pixar presence to it felt really tacked on and forced.

- - - Updated - - -

It kills me to say this but nothing is gonna happen. Epcot, my favorite Disney park is bringing in to much money through F&B sales for them to care about offering a new attraction. You will see Soarin (which mind you was the last major addition) recieve a makeover and new film before you see anything else. Not to mention Future World is soooooo dated an empty pavillion for the better part of a DECADE isn't something I would like to see dealt with. Somebody give them a BILLION dollars so they can renovate Future World please!! Yes it would take a cool billion to bring FW up to date easily...
I agree 100%. Epcot is my favorite Disney park as well, and a healthy sum of money could really bring up Future World to current standards. Universe of Energy has always been pretty bad, but I know that the ride takes up a lot of space. I'm sure that they could fit a couple of smaller rides in there as well as some neat interactive exhibits. Imagination! Pavilion is pretty, but depressing. That whole thing needs to be gutted and a new ride and a new show need to be built. And they should reopen the upstairs Imageworks. The current interactive exhibit area is boring and has like, three things to do.

Glad to hear that there is actually hope a new Soarin' film will emerge. The screen quality is so poor and I hate how it's Soarin' Over California. I think that Soarin' Around the World would be far better suited for Epcot.

I'm stumped on what they should do with Wonders of Life.

Yes, because they really need to redo their most popular and newest ride :rolleyes:

I would rather see Imagination get completely redone. It sucks.

Yes, because they really need to redo their most popular and newest ride :rolleyes:

I would rather see Imagination get completely redone. It sucks.
The rolling of the eyes isn't necessary. Soarin' is popular, and changing the movie won't effect it's popularity. However, it is bad quality. We skipped Soarin' on our last visit to Epcot. My mom admitted she didn't like it all and that she thinks the quality looks like that of an old 1970s film. The dust on the screen is just terrible and it hurts the experience (so do the people's legs above your head, but what can you do?). And TDO was lazy in just importing the same film from DCA. It works at DCA because the whole park is California themed, it just doesn't work as well at Epcot. You have to admit that it would be better as Soarin' Around the World.

With these updates to Soarin', I wouldn't mind having to rush to get a fastpass the second the park opens for a ride that attracts 2 hour waits.

And yes, Imagination! sucks. The ride is one of the worst I've ever been on.

Last edited:
Been on Soarin twice since it opened...skipped it the last few times as I just don't see the attraction.

Epcot has become the Food and Wine park, Future World has become the after thought. I'm kind of surprised that Disney hasn't tried to spend money building new countries, as the World Showcase is easily it's biggest draw. Wonders of Life is now their convention hall for all those expensive food and wine seminars, and corporate event space. I doubt they would give that up for another ride...

Yep lol, but seriously I don't think Pixar belongs in EPCOT, AK, or MK... DHS is perfect for them! :thumbs: I don't mind giving them the whole back half of a park... but I'd rather Pixar rides get moved to a 5th gate (Pixar Place)

Luxo Drive (Pixar shorts, the Main Street/Buena Vista Street of the park)
Andy's Room (Toy Story)
Jungle Paradise (A Bug's Life, Up, The Good Dinosaur)
Monstropolis (Monsters, Inc)
Nemo's Ocean Kingdom (Finding Nemo)
Paris - unsure about this? (The Incredibles, Ratatouille)
Radiator Springs (Cars) with Mexico sub-section (Las Dias del Muertos)
Atomic Base - working title lol (WALL-E and Inside Out)

I don't know if a Pixar park is viable though...

Yep lol, but seriously I don't think Pixar belongs in EPCOT, AK, or MK... DHS is perfect for them! :thumbs: I don't mind giving them the whole back half of a park... but I'd rather Pixar rides get moved to a 5th gate (Pixar Place)

Luxo Drive (Pixar shorts, the Main Street/Buena Vista Street of the park)
Andy's Room (Toy Story)
Jungle Paradise (A Bug's Life, Up, The Good Dinosaur)
Monstropolis (Monsters, Inc)
Nemo's Ocean Kingdom (Finding Nemo)
Paris - unsure about this? (The Incredibles, Ratatouille)
Radiator Springs (Cars) with Mexico sub-section (Las Dias del Muertos)
Atomic Base - working title lol (WALL-E and Inside Out)

I don't know if a Pixar park is viable though...
Wall-E and Inside Out wouldn't work in the same area lol
Incredibles doesn't take place in Paris either

I like your ideas, but I don't think PIXAR has enough films out to fill a park at this moment.

You mean the worlds largest empty aquarium?!? I love the little ones when you come off the ride with nemo, but me and my daughter never find anything interesting the other one. They have a lot of fish up front, but half the time the back is almost empty.

It truly stinks that this building is only partially used for Food and Wine festivals and such. It's wasted space most of the year along with the old Odyssey restaurant space. Anything permanent would be a dramatic upgrade.