Worker injured at Primeval Whirl Rehab | Inside Universal Forums

Worker injured at Primeval Whirl Rehab

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sad news.

Our Walt Disney World community has experienced a tragic loss. We extend our heartfelt condolences to Russ Roscoe’s family and we are working to assist them during this difficult time; our thoughts and our prayers are with them. Our thoughts are also with Russ’ fellow cast members and the first responders who came to his aid. We deeply appreciate all their efforts. There is no higher priority than the safety of our cast and our guests, and we will work with authorities to thoroughly review every aspect of this incident.

It's horrible to hear that such an accident has occurred. My prayers go out to his family.

I was at Epcot yesterday, and we saw a helicopter flying pretty low when we were in Germany... but we couldn't make out was on the helicopter. Sad to hear it was a Florida Hospital helicopter, and someone died. This is the second time it's happened too, don't you think Disney will consider changing something?

A ride vehicle hit him. The 911 calls that have been released are VERY graphic. Just a warning to anyone that goes and listens to them.

Prayers go out to the family, and I hope Disney dismantles this death trap of an attraction.

Its existence is an insult to the legacy of Walt Disney. It's a cheap, shoddy, dangerous attraction that shouldn't be built at a carnival, let alone a world class theme park.

THAT'S IT!!!! Great ride, but hearing that 911 call...TEAR IT DOWN!!!!! It's obviously not a safe ride and it saddens me to hear that happen to a man who was just trying to do his job. I was there on sunday and saw that it was undergoing refurb, but I hadn't heard about this terrible tragedy. I'm glad it's not open at the moment, please keep it that way Disney.:':)':)'(

Last edited:
That's a soft date. OSHA's still got control of the ride. Meaning, there's potential that the ride may never open again. Don't get your hopes up, folks. September seems semi-likely.

Yes, people were getting their hopes up that it wouldn't open after September. Because everyone here loves it so much. :lol: