Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

World Baseball Classic

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Anyone watching this? Lots of great games so far. Team USA on tonight at 7... must win game for them to advance.

I have! Based on my twitter feed it seems like more and more people are starting to watch it. There's been a lot of good games. Sucks that Orioles player Manny Machado and former O's player Nelson Cruz were the ones who beat the US, made it hard to cheer against them.

I enjoy it. It has its flaws but it's fun for the most part. Good game Friday night with the US walk off and the DR and Columbia game from earlier. It's cool to have some competitive baseball this early in the season. I enjoy the relaxed nature of spring training games too. I just love baseball haha

I enjoy it. It has its flaws but it's fun for the most part. Good game Friday night with the US walk off and the DR and Columbia game from earlier. It's cool to have some competitive baseball this early in the season. I enjoy the relaxed nature of spring training games too. I just love baseball haha
Agreed.

And call me un-American, but I really enjoy that it actually is competitive. Contrast that to Olympic Basketball where we pretty much know Team USA will win every Olympics and it makes for a far more interesting watch imo.

This Mexico-Venezuela game is what it's all about. This is just plain fun to watch and chance at a trip to the second round on the line for both teams.

What a game and a win by the US. I'm a Yankee fan (as if my username didn't give that away)and I see a lot of Adam Jones and have always respected him as a player. His play in the WBC has been tremendous. Some guys are still in spring training mode but he's been going all out in midseason form. Much respect. Japan will be a tall task but so was DR. Hopefully they can pull out these last few wins and bring it home.