Wreck It Ralph II (2018) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Wreck It Ralph II (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hoo boy...while I do like the first film, I'm hoping that like the first film, the trailers are solely focused on the minor thing that's going to draw people in (The video game IP's in the first, the RL IP's/Meta references for this one), and the actual film is more focused on the story it's telling.

If not, I see multiple problems here. While I like a good meta reference here and there a la' the Lego Movie (which has a really solid base with it's story and humor, so any of the references/meta jokes is icing on the cake), this film could be crammed with references and straight-up advertisements, which would honestly make it no better then the Emoji Movie. It doesn't matter if the animation is better, a slew of references/ads is still a slew of references/ads.

The other thing will all of these references and ads (especially related to the internet), this film is gonna' get dated so friggin' fast. Just look back at the original Shrek, it hasn't held up well with that. This is gonna' be worse since the net can change so much faster.

Last edited:
This is basically just Iger showing off all the stuff he’s bought over the years. If they’re gonna go this route, hopefully they at least poke fun at themselves.

Reactions: jtsalien
I guess The Lego Movie had some really meta-jokes by name checking Lego set themes, amongst others. It made sense in the context of the movie.

I hope "Disney Synergy: The Movie" turns out to be good.

Prediction: I really wonder where's Fix it Felix Jr. and Sergeant Calhoun play a role in this. They seem to very absent in the promos and the two trailers so far, even though they play just as important as Ralph and Vanellope.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Branding aside... I thought it was good. Not great. But like others wasn't super hyped about the first until I actually saw it.

But I'm a simple man. You play Daft Punk. I listen.

Reactions: TDBLMT
Well...

it's still #1 trending on youtube and has 69K likes to only 3.2 dislikes so i'd say even the trailer is being received well. The main things i'm noticing being talked about in the comment section are the obvious, the Disney crossovers/synergy and the in-movie advertising like The Emoji Movie (and people hoping it won't be like said movie).

Considering Nintendo is currently partnering up with Universal (Super Nintendo World, Mario Bros. movie, etc) and the fact IMDB can be edited by anyone, I doubt Mario would make an appearance in the sequel.
Nintendo working with Universal means nothing, tbh. Especially if it’s just a cameo (which is all it would be).

Let’s remember Nintendo worked with Disney first during the original WiR and we don’t know if there was a contract signed for film use of the characters in a cameo capacity for a sequel.

Nintendo working with Universal means nothing, tbh. Especially if it’s just a cameo (which is all it would be).

Let’s remember Nintendo worked with Disney first during the original WiR and we don’t know if there was a contract signed for film use of the characters in a cameo capacity for a sequel.

Honestly, I highly disagree, and it would explain why they took nearly 5 years on the film.

I see it as that Disney and Nintendo probably have had discussions about it, and that, one of the things pointed out was that Mario would've had a possible larger presence when the rumor's started to pick up speed as opposed to a Sonic.

And it makes sense, as Mario will be Mario in many way's.

But I think the straw that hit the camel, may of been the Collaboration between NBCUniversal and various aspects of Nintendo (and maybe even The Pokemon Company) as Universal is being heavily involved with Detective Pikachu (2019), the Illumination/Nintendo project, and of-course, their collaboration with UPR and Nintendo.

I would honestly argue that, Disney passed on Nintendo due to competition, and that they changed gears and went into a different direction for WiR2.