X-Men: Dark Phoenix | Inside Universal Forums

X-Men: Dark Phoenix

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It has been revealed via Deadline, that X-Men: Dark Phoenix, will be pushing back it's release date to Early 2019.

20th Century Fox Shuffles Release Dates For ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘Dark Phoenix’ & More | Deadline

Bohemian Rhapsody, formerly going to be released against Mary Poppins Returns, is now taking it's place, as Dark Phoenix will now be taking over The New Mutant's spot of February 14th, 2019.

What do you think? Are you excited to see this, or will you be cautious? Comment down below!

Over these movies. Days of Future Past was great but Apocalypse was so bad. With Disney getting Fox, I wish X-Men would go away until they’re ready to put their own spin on it. I doubt this will be much better than the last time they tackled this story in X3

Yeah, I could care less. DoFP was really overrated. Apolcalypse was bad by I-need-a-movie-to-watch-on-a-plan-where-it-doesn’t-matter-if-I-fall-asleep standards.

Logan was good (from what I heard) and Deadpool was good. I’d be okay with X-Men going full genre and not having these massive tent poles about the X-Men gang any more.

Don't care about the X-Men movies. Deadpool and Logan are the only ones within that universe I care about.

Can this film just be done with so we can move on to the MCU X-Men? Something tells me we may not get X-Men into the MCU quite yet as announcing an X-Men MCU movie would steal the glory from this.

Don't care about the X-Men movies. Deadpool and Logan are the only ones within that universe I care about.

Can this film just be done with so we can move on to the MCU X-Men? Something tells me we may not get X-Men into the MCU quite yet as announcing an X-Men MCU movie would steal the glory from this.

At this point, I have to assume Gambit is dead and that Dark Phoenix will be either second to last or THE LAST film for the X-Men Franchise for Fox.

Edit: Forgot about Deadpool, but I do think however it wouldn't be impossible that he and Ryan makes the jump to whatever is next for X-Men if they come back to MS. But, I would wager it'd be handled similarly to the Netflix series, isolated as it's own thing, with little connection to events in the MCU.

Outside of Deadpool/Reynolds, I would picture that everyone would be recasted, with a new Wolverine as a focus in that regard along with Xavier and Magneto.

I wish Kinberg luck, and hope for the best for Dark Phoenix, but I'm doubtful that Dark Phoenix will be good.

Last edited:
Reactions: HereWeGo and Nick
From what I have read this is the last X-Men movie from FOX, Disney is supposed to be putting it on hiatus for a few years then start teasing it and then bringing it back.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
From what I have read this is the last X-Men movie from FOX, Disney is supposed to be putting it on hiatus for a few years then start teasing it and then bringing it back.

Yup, Kevin Feigue has apparently mentioned in the past that there are no current plans on bringing the X-Men to the MCU for Phase 4..

..that said, Deadpool on the other hand, seems like a major possibility.

I know that it’s not happening, but Deadpool needs to show up in the Far From Home post credits.

I think I'm in the minority...but I thought it was a decent time. Definitely showed the franchise was on its last legs, but similar to Dead Man Tell No Tales, I wasn't disinterested....it's just a movie I won't return to any time soon.

I think the biggest mark against Dark Phoenix is that it obviously wasn't written as the final film.

I think I'm in the minority...but I thought it was a decent time. Definitely showed the franchise was on its last legs, but similar to Dead Man Tell No Tales, I wasn't disinterested....it's just a movie I won't return to any time soon.

I think the biggest mark against Dark Phoenix is that it obviously wasn't written as the final film.

What did it for me was that the actors were clearly over these movies. McAvoy and Lawrence were completely phoning in their performances and weren't even trying.

What did it for me was that the actors were clearly over these movies. McAvoy and Lawrence were completely phoning in their performances and weren't even trying.
Lawrence I'd say definitely...McAvoy wasn't as noticeable to me, but you're not wrong.