Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Xanadus Home Of The Future

Jan 18, 2009
Hi all

Does anyone remember this? I can vaguely, but I am having trouble remembering the exact location on the 192 for some reason I seem to believe it was near Lake Cecile before the big Wal Mart where the new(ish) multi coloured apartments now stand.

Does anyone have any recollections or stories of visiting this?

I remember this pretty distinctly, drove past it ever year as a kid heading to Disney. Never made the trip inside nor never felt the urge to also. Pretty sure it was in the area you are describing. Per Wikipedia
closed in 1996 and demolished in October 2005

Last edited:
I remember this pretty distinctly, drove past it ever year as a kid heading to Disney. Never made the trip inside nor never felt the urge to also. Pretty sure it was in the area you are describing. Per Wikipedia

Thanks, for the response. I did see some photos from inside the building and it looked pretty kooky!

Yeah, it was there in 2004 and torn down shortly thereafter. It was hideous. It echo'd much of what Epcot was in 1999: a look at the future of architecture that would never be... that too was hideous. Just go look at the Wonders and Energy buildings to get a taste of it.

It was cool looking driving by as a kid in the 80s/90s but as the years passed it became a rather sad sight. Actually a few areas along 192 have turned into a sad sight but thats another story.