Your Perfect Disney Theme Park | Inside Universal Forums

Your Perfect Disney Theme Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

insanepizzaguy

V.I.P. Member
Dec 31, 2012
Hadrosaur Cove
Since there was a thread about creating a perfect Universal theme park, I'm going to make that same thread but with Disney theme parks. This will follow the same rules as the Universal thread, however instead of 20 attractions, you can have 25 attractions. They can be from the present, the past, the future, concept, or your own idea.They can be non-Disney properties but they should be realistic (no uni. properties). For now, I'm going to have to think about what to put in my park...

EDIT Here's my park:

Innsmouth

Tower of Terror: Themed to a crumbling seaside hotel, the tower is 200 feet instead of 130

Escape from Innsmouth: A rapids ride with a giant Cthulhu animatronic along with many other monsters

Adventureland

The Jungle Cruise: This version has new scenes and a longer ride

Pirates of the Caribbean: A longer and somewhat darker ride, with more animatronics and effects

Indiana Jones: Curse of the Forbidden Tomb: Similar to Indiana Jones Adventure, but a different plot and different sets

Up: Kuka arm ride through Paradise Falls

Tommorrowland

Space Mountain: Flies by planets and spaceships, (which make great headchoppers) this version is also smoother

Iron Man: The Ride: Iron Man simulator like the one rumored to be built in Disneyland

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin: Highly upgraded version with a part where you shoot at the other ride vehicle (like in MIB)

Alien Encounter: Everything possible is done to make this version scarier, has a Xenomorph instead of the other alien

Star Tours: The Adventure Continues: Even more alternate paths, along with real effects (side of the cabin is dented, fog, temperature changes)

Mission:Space: Takes place farther in the future, better screens and alternate ride scenes. The ride also isn't as intense, to make it less likely for people to get sick and making it much more re-rideable.

Frontierland

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: more rockwork, more sets and more of the ride goes inside the mountain

Splash Mountain: A longer drop, more detailed queue and better AAs

Asia

Expedition Everest: Two sighting of the Yeti instead of one, the Yeti is also bigger, scarier and more advanced

Cars Land

Radiator Springs Racers: Cars will go faster, indoor queue and more car animatronics

Sleepy Hollow

The Headless Horseman: Roller coaster similar to Mummy, but going through the forest and being attacked by The Headless Horsemen

The Haunted Mansion: More scary than funny, lots of brand new scenes ( like a crypt and basement) and an indoor queue

Mysterious Island

Journey to the Center of the Earth

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Beastly Kingdom

Dragon's Tower: Advanced fire effects, a huge dragon AA and a queue similar to that of Dueling Dragons

Hydra's Challenge: Well themed dueling wing coasters, similar to Dueling Dragons but the ride itself is better themed. It's queue is highly detailed and you choose between the Blue (good) dragon and the Green (evil).

Last edited:
I will only put a name of the park I want but never would happen from disney... Disney Thrills/Disney Thrill Park

Roller coasters galore

I've been thinking about this the past couple of days, just my own imagination running with the idea that Disney somehow gets Marvel rights back from Universal and makes a whole park solely based on Marvel. I'm aiming for more thrills while still maintaining a family atmosphere. I know it is unrealistic, just my Marvel fanboy imagination running wild.

New York

New York in theme parks is kind of overused but most of the action in the Marvel universe happens here. It would have two minor sections.

Somewhat of a downtown Manhattan kind of feel with two main attractions.

Baxter Building - This would be somewhat similar to IoA's Discovery Center at Jurassic Park. Kind of showing off the mythological science of the Marvel universe by Reed Richards like the tesseract, infinity gauntlet/gems, etc. with a restaurant and a arcade for kids. Along with some photo ops with the Fantastic Four.

Iron Man: The Experience - The talked about Iron Man simulator. The building would be themed as Stark Tower and the queue would show videos of Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.) welcoming guests to his new Stark Industries announcement, allowing average people to test ride Iron Man armors for a joyride! However, during you ride things get a twist when guests are stuck helping Tony and the rest of the Avengers fight off a Chitauri invasion in New York, similar to the film. I imagine this being state of the art and the park's premiere attraction.

A second, smaller section of New York would be themed as Hell's Kitchen. Full of restaurants and shops for guests, with a Daredevil statue watching over the area. You'd also have photo ops with Captain America, Spider-Man, Green Goblin, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Nick Fury. It would feature one main attraction.

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man - Yes, practically the same ride from IoA. I know it is a bit of a rip off, but I can't imagine a better attraction for Spidey and in this fantasy scenario, losing this ride would be the worst thing about the switch. I would update the ride a bit and add some more scenes, including one for Venom and riders would get a little more vet during the Hydro Man in the sewers scene.

Asgard

Guests enter this land by crossing the famed rainbow bridge into the land eternal. Everything here obviously has a old fashioned Viking feel to it, with unique restaurants and shops. A midway games area here also would give kids something to do while the older guests board the park's main thrill ride...

Mjolnir - A roller coaster themed to Thor's hammer. It would feature a launch kind of like Hulk at IoA, but with lots of fog and lighting special effects to make the guest feel as if they are launching through the thunder and lightning with Thor's hammer. The queue would show Thor (Chris Hemsworth) telling guests of his quest to Joutenheim, realm of the frost giants, to stop their attempt to invade Asgard. The coaster would feature a big AA frost giant attempt to grab the guests. Thinking like Everest's yeti, except more visible and scary. Obviously the ride would be pretty fast with it's twist and turns.

The land also would feature an outside show about the legends and tales of Asgard warriors. Photo ops with Thor, Odin and Loki are also available.

Genosha

The next part of the park is themed to the island of the giant mutant massacre. But obviously that part is way toned down for families. Obviously plenty of shops and places to grab food (including a Deadpool's Chimichangas stand). Photo ops with Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Magneto, Mystique and other X-Men characters are available. There would be broken sentinel parts around the area as well.

Ultimate X-Perience - This is a dark ride based on exploring the island of Genosha and mutant/human equality, but things go wrong when Magneto shows up and tries to doom the park's guests to the same fate as the mutants who died on the island. It would feature many X-Men characters and an encounter with a working sentinel. I don't imagine it being too intense, just a typical dark ride with characters and some spins and effects.

Xavier Institute for Higher Learning - This mini-mansion would be a little out of the Genosha theming, it would be similar to the Baxter Building as a walk through attraction for guests, but it's difference would be a show featuring Xavier to educate humans about mutants and feature special effects to make the actors seem they have unique powers.

The land would also feature some sort of kid's attraction, like Storm Force Accelatron, but not the same thing. I don't want to make it seem as if I'm just bringing parts of IoA over here.

Latveria

This section of the park is themed towards the fictional country run by Doctor Doom, but serves as an area for all of Marvel's villains. Obviously themed shops and restuarants, and more photo ops with baddies. I picture this land having art of various Marvel villains on walls like Venom, Juggernaut, Red Skull, Kingpin, Thanos, Mephisto, Ultron, Skrulls, Morbius, Carnage and Taskmaster.

Doom's Deathtrap - I had no interest in copying Fearfall from IoA, but instead this is a roller coaster. It isn't as fast and insane as Mjolnir, but instead features a huge drop straight down into what looks like a pit of spikes. It has portions indoors and the drop is outside, into a room where guests get off the ride. It is surrounded by spikes to give guests the appearance that riders are landing into spikes. A castle themed as Doom's would be the entrance.

Galactus - I originally planned some sort of ride featuring an encounter with a giant Hulk AA, similar to Kongfrontation but more modern. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that Galactus worked better. The atmosphere is the world in chaos while being devoured by a giant Galactus AA, with the guest seeing the ultimate Marvel baddie up close and personal. I was thinking of Silver Surfer saving the guests, but the ride being in a villain themed land, I chose to not include heroics and just be a terrifying encounter with the guests narrowly escaping.

I also have a kid playground based on villains since the attractions of the area are not kid-friendly. Something like DocOc's arms serving as slides for kids and stuff like that.

I still feel it needs a couple more attractions, including a Hulk themed one. I also thought about some sort of attraction based on Ant-Man with shrinking/growing, but figured it was too similar to Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. My fictional dream Marvel park for Disney is still a work in progress, but I do know it is a little too intense/aimed for older guests than what Disney likes.

Reactions: hhnlover