Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don’t know if there’s any weight to this but I’m hearing whispers of having TLOU be Virtual queue only. Hope it isn’t because that would be yet another wrench thrown into opening weekend shenanigans on top of charging for Early Access.

• Wow
Reactions: saint.piss
Don’t know if there’s any weight to this but I’m hearing whispers of having TLOU be Virtual queue only. Hope it isn’t because that would be yet another wrench thrown into opening weekend shenanigans on top of charging for Early Access.
Honestly, if they didnt end up unresponsive and broken, I'd be pretty in favor of virtual queue systems for pretty much any haunt, just getting a return time and being able to hang around the scarezones would always be better than waiting in 200 minutes of switchbacks.

That said, that leads to a heck of a lot more people hanging around in the park, which makes said scarezones overcrowded, spots for those virtual queue return times would probably be gone within an hour of the park opening, leading to anyone coming in later being out of luck, and odds are the entire system would break constantly, if Disney is any indication. So... probably better on paper than it would be in practice.

Honestly, if they didnt end up unresponsive and broken, I'd be pretty in favor of virtual queue systems for pretty much any haunt, just getting a return time and being able to hang around the scarezones would always be better than waiting in 200 minutes of switchbacks.

That said, that leads to a heck of a lot more people hanging around in the park, which makes said scarezones overcrowded, spots for those virtual queue return times would probably be gone within an hour of the park opening, leading to anyone coming in later being out of luck, and odds are the entire system would break constantly, if Disney is any indication. So... probably better on paper than it would be in practice.
Another theoretical scenario: You pay the $10 for early access to get a head start on the houses. You find out upon arriving at the entrance after fighting the line to get your pass scanned that it is VQ only. You scramble to get a slot on your phone only to see that it’s sold out for the night. You bought that EA ticket, got there as early as you can be and you still get screwed out of getting to go in.

They are throwing a lot of curveballs at people that don’t want to pony up the money for Express. Can’t wait to witness all of the angry guests on opening night.

I’m also wondering if they’re going to resume the policy of freezing the standby line until Express is empty like early last year. If so….that’s gonna go very well with the paying guests.

• Sad
Another theoretical scenario: You pay the $10 for early access to get a head start on the houses. You find out upon arriving at the entrance after fighting the line to get your pass scanned that it is VQ only. You scramble to get a slot on your phone only to see that it’s sold out for the night. You bought that EA ticket, got there as early as you can be and you still get screwed out of getting to go in.

They are throwing a lot of curveballs at people that don’t want to pony up the money for Express. Can’t wait to witness all of the angry guests on opening night.

I’m also wondering if they’re going to resume the policy of freezing the standby line until Express is empty like early last year. If so….that’s gonna go very well with the paying guests.
Honestly didn't think about that, though I missed out on Early Access for the first weekend anyway so that's probably why.
Tbh i think for that alone I don't buy that itll be a VQ, not even factoring in how express would work in that scenario, or guest assistance passes that already function on a return time system.

As for the express ratios, I really hope it doesnt go that way, half the time in the last 4 years or so it seems like theyre not doing ratios at all in favor of just making the express line never have a single person in it. Maybe LA people are just more aggro than orlando about having to wait a couple minutes when they paid 100 dollars compared to general admission. Kinda thought the whole purpose of naming it "Express" and getting rid of the Front of the Line moniker was to subtly let people know that its an advantage in the line, but not a guarantee of no wait. Ironically it seems like its more of a front of the line pass now than it ever was when it was actually named that.

As an out-of-towner who uses Express I love how fast Hollywood's Express queues go. Really makes me feel like I'm getting a bang for my buck vs. Orlando's, which just feels necessary to survive the event.

Reactions: themeparkhaunter
As an out-of-towner who uses Express I love how fast Hollywood's Express queues go. Really makes me feel like I'm getting a bang for my buck vs. Orlando's, which just feels necessary to survive the event.
A shame it's sold out for most of this month already.

Screenshot_20230905_111037_Universal CA.jpg

Screenshot_20230905_111102_Universal CA.jpg

This could be great...but I'm also worried the VQ will just be signing up and still having to wait some insane time after waiting for your time to pop up. I hope im wrong

I'm also so confused on how this works with EA, so two of the mazes I can't just walk on....so everyone will be in line for Stranger things?

So I don't think it is. Looking at banners, and of the app itself, TLOU and Exorcist in their pages do not specify VQ at all. They are present on that page, but for they are also listed with the other houses.

Could it be possible they are testing a Pets system, where VQ can be distributed ontop of Express on a first come, first serve basis? Maybe. But from park pics, Stand-by is being set up for atleast TLOU.

Do they think there's not enough room for a large physical queue for those 2 houses? We don't know how where Exorcist will place the queue cuz that venue has never been used, right? TLOU venue was LC last year, which was never particularly long

Do they think there's not enough room for a large physical queue for those 2 houses? We don't know how where Exorcist will place the queue cuz that venue has never been used, right? TLOU venue was LC last year, which was never particularly long
I mean

I think this year will have more people then years past.

SNW is open until 10 PM and WW is having a show that can fit even more then the other shows did plus Blumhouse show

So I think they are going to pack in people and it have the most amount of people ever, as for the Q for last of us. I'm sure it will be huge but not sure why they don't just snake it down to the back side of the mummy/the backstage path you take to get to mazes at the Metro sets

Every time I've used VQ for SLOP, I still end up in a queue. Can't see this going any differently. Won't be surprised if they completely ditch this after the first couple weeks.

It's always been a testament to Murdy and the creative team that crowds come back year after year despite park management's efforts to make the event completely miserable. Between this and the early entry fee, though, maybe this is the year something gives?

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF