Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Where can I find the still-no names of all rides? Specially the HTTYDR.

There will be just one ride in the Ministry of Magic?
How many rides will be in Isle of Perk? Will there bi the Universal Pekin Untrainable show?

How many rides will be in Isle of Perk? Will there bi the Universal Pekin Untrainable show?
Names haven’t been announced yet, but based on rumors and aerial photography from Bioreconstruct:
- Untrainable show
- Family launched coaster
- 2 Sky Fly flats
- Boat flat
- Kids play structure

Ministry:
- 1 Ride
- 1 show

Get what you’re saying, but to me “announced later” is “holding off.” We know they have the fireworks strip and that concept has fireworks. But they haven’t announced.
I am just saying they are clearly showing a night time show in their graphics. So we know it will have one. How often it will run is what I imagine will be answered later.

I am just saying they are clearly showing a night time show in their graphics. So we know it will have one. How often it will run is what I imagine will be answered later.
Yup! We’re saying the same thing. :)

I'm curious to see how the Helios park entrance will work. Will people not staying there be able to exit the park to visit the hotel, and go back in through that entrance?

Not saying it’s outside the realm of possibility - but they probably don’t want anyone to see inside the park until it’s completely ready.

Completely agree with this as construction equipment plus the mess would be a difficult guest experience. I was also thinking that it might open them to a lawsuit from someone who did not experience anything as all the rides had an off day and the guest would complain about "undue reliance". It's basically a no-win for Universal. I think that, if the hotel opens this year or early next that people will stay there just to stay there.

The rides in the lands are "rumored to be named":

Nintendo
Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge
Mine Kart Madness
Yoshi's Adventure

Potter
Harry Potter and the Battle for the Ministry
Cirque Arcanus Show

HTTYD
Hiccup's Wing Gliders
Dragon Racer's Rally
Fyre Drill
Untrainable Show

Dark Universe
Monsters Unchained The Frankenstein Experiment
Curse of the Werewolf

I would recommend following Alicia Stella for additional and up to date information:

On a side note, unless they plan on pulling out the big guns at D23 2024, the fact that Disney hasn't made any counter announcements after the EU reveal is really telling and it reaffirms their arrogance that Disney can scrape by with little to no CAPX investments in their parks and a large portion of their fanbase will keep giving them their money. Jack from DSNY newscast hits the nail on the head with this X post in regards to what even many rational minded Disney fans are feeling right now:

On a side note, unless they plan on pulling out the big guns at D23 2024, the fact that Disney hasn't made any counter announcements after the EU reveal is really telling and it reaffirms their arrogance that Disney can scrape by with little to no CAPX investments in their parks and a large portion of their fanbase will keep giving them their money. Jack from DSNY newscast hits the nail on the head with this X post in regards to what even many rational minded Disney fans are feeling right now:

I was also thinking that it might open them to a lawsuit from someone who did not experience anything as all the rides had an off day and the guest would complain about "undue reliance".
Wait, what lol?!?!? We were talking about the hotel opening with the park still not opened. Where are you getting a law suit for rides being down lol. Where have you seen that ever happen? Generally all tickets, websites, contracts for passes states attractions maybe down or not operating.

Out of the whole announcement the thing that wowed me the most was the concept art for the Blue Dragon Asian Restaurant. If they can nail that concept art atmosphere then I definitely see that as a destination to visit in the park

View attachment 20544View attachment 20545
I think it's eventually going to be the hardest table to get in the park (assuming the food is good). The atmosphere looks phenomenal.

I've wanted to see Universal's version of Blue Bayou/San Angel Inn/Biergarten (i.e. an interior dining area presented as outdoors at nighttime) for a long time. I was hoping we'd get that in Dark Universe, but I'll take it here.

Out of the whole announcement the thing that wowed me the most was the concept art for the Blue Dragon Asian Restaurant. If they can nail that concept art atmosphere then I definitely see that as a destination to visit in the park

View attachment 20544View attachment 20545

It really resembles an idealized version of the Yamashiro restaurant in Hollywood.

I had something fun to share: Here’s some 10-11 year old’s reaction to the Epic news. I did a little “focus group” experiment with my 21 students:

I showed the Epic Universe full Announcement video at the very end of the school day. They’re 5th graders in Florida, so naturally they love the parks and are pretty familiar with what UOR currently offers….

Reactions:
Celestial Park: They were very amazed at Helios!!! They loved how pretty the entire area will be and they had so many questions about Starfall Racers (they’re too young to know Dueling Dragons, so the racing/dueling concept was wild to them) They were very concerned that it would crash.

Dragons: They were mildly impressed. It seemed like they knew the IP. They definitely want there to be “real” dragons in the land. They also hope that Universal will build the same stuff from the movie clips in the video (which they are).

Dark Universe: They seemed genuinely confused. No cheering (which made me sad lol). They recognized the monsters, but were mostly curious about what kind of rides would be there. One kid actually blurted out: “What about HHN?”

Potter: The kids went absolutely ape sh*t as soon as it showed the Wizarding World Logo on screen. They even specifically talked about how cool the Fantastic Beasts stuff might be. Definitely the strongest positive reaction to ANYTHING in the video.

Nintendo: They went absolutely insane, again… but not quite the same level as Potter. There was a big cheer every time they showed a character on screen! Definitely a hit land with the kids.

Common questions they had:
How did we never see this being built?
How long have they been working on it?
When in 2025 will it open?
Will the tickets be more expensive than the other parks?

I had something fun to share: Here’s some 10-11 year old’s reaction to the Epic news. I did a little “focus group” experiment with my 21 students:

I showed the Epic Universe full Announcement video at the very end of the school day. They’re 5th graders in Florida, so naturally they love the parks and are pretty familiar with what UOR currently offers….

Reactions:
Celestial Park: They were very amazed at Helios!!! They loved how pretty the entire area will be and they had so many questions about Starfall Racers (they’re too young to know Dueling Dragons, so the racing/dueling concept was wild to them) They were very concerned that it would crash.

Dragons: They were mildly impressed. It seemed like they knew the IP. They definitely want there to be “real” dragons in the land. They also hope that Universal will build the same stuff from the movie clips in the video (which they are).

Dark Universe: They seemed genuinely confused. No cheering (which made me sad lol). They recognized the monsters, but were mostly curious about what kind of rides would be there. One kid actually blurted out: “What about HHN?”

Potter: The kids went absolutely ape sh*t as soon as it showed the Wizarding World Logo on screen. They even specifically talked about how cool the Fantastic Beasts stuff might be. Definitely the strongest positive reaction to ANYTHING in the video.

Nintendo: They went absolutely insane, again… but not quite the same level as Potter. There was a big cheer every time they showed a character on screen! Definitely a hit land with the kids.

Common questions they had:
How did we never see this being built?
How long have they been working on it?
When in 2025 will it open?
Will the tickets be more expensive than the other parks?
This is really cool! Thanks for posting it