Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've grown more inclined with time to look for the good changes in whatever they are working on here.

I've talked a bunch about how the entire identity of the ride, building, and experience is going to be wildly different than it was before, and that tonal whiplash has the potential to be felt in the end product. I don't think it'll be as bad as the Rip Ride Rock-It -> Super Silly Fun Land coversion we bring up from time to time when it comes to being a mismatch of demographic and ride content, but it's certainly somewhere on that spectrum.

I think it's totally possible though that we underestimate the demographic of kids, girls specifically, and general Princess fans that would be interested in a thrill ride. I'd argue a decent chunk of the audience that has been interested in New Fantasyland, Little Mermaid, Dwarf Mine Train, Frozen Ever After, probably also ended up on Splash Mountain at some point, if only for it's ambiquity with the Disney Parks brand itself. Maybe with less of a focus on the fear of dropping, the more consistently fun and bubbly tone, the new music and characters, a larger crowd of youngsters and non-Thrill Seekers will be able to appreciate the unchanged drop and feel like they can take on bigger thrills like Rock'n, Tower, Tron, Space Mountain, etc in the future? That's the hope, at least. :lis:

As for the sign replicating the past. It's just nostalgia bait.

I'll ride this when it reopens (at Disneyland), but I'm not expecting anything great from it. Especially in the storytelling department. They could've done away with the drop (or shortened it), but doing any retracking with this ride would've required a delayed turnaround reopening. It'll be interesting to see how the new scenes work with the existing layout & drop(s)

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
It's not like Splash was an adult themed ride it was clearly also aimed at families
You clearly missed all the bondage scenes...
splash-mountain-gallery05.jpg

48880019168_199e481007_z.jpg

Well, anytime I forget to hire the band for my party I have to send guests down river to find them. I would never just hire another band in...New Orleans...

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
Cute

Like this is what people want right? Brand new characters....I'm sure the internet will find some way to complain about them

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I was one very disappointed dude when I first heard Splash was being shut down and rethemed. It was my FAV Disney attraction, by far. I figured Tiana would be OK, not great, but I could live with it. But the more I hear of Tiana, the more I think I'll really like it. Splash never seemed like a real thrill ride to me. I loved it for the story, AA's, background and music. So, the absence of a villain, or hard story drama, on Tiana really didn't matter to me like it does to some others. I just wanted a cute story, lot's of AA's, colorful background/sets, and some real good music. Sounds like this will deliver on that. I'm looking forward to Tiana, though it may be too hard to get on even though there's a chance it'll be open when I vacation in mid June.

Last edited:
do we think the testing indicates this could be opening sooner than we thought?? maybe late spring / early summer ??

I was one very disappointed dude when I first heard Splash was being shut down and rethemed. It was my FAV Disney attraction, by far. I figured Tiana would be OK, not great, but I could live with it. But the more I hear of Tiana, the more I think I'll really like it. Splash never seemed like a real thrill ride to me. I loved it for the story, AA's, background and music. So, the absence of a villain, or hard story drama, on Tiana really didn't matter to me like it does to some others. I just wanted a cute story, lot's of AA's, colorful background/sets, and some real good music. Sounds like this will deliver on that. I'm looking forward to Tiana, though it may be too hard to get on even though there's a chance it'll be open when I vacation in mid June.

I’m with you on that.

If the setting is correct (so far the outside shows it’s very correct and gorgeous), AA’s adorable, and good music, I’m gonna be very happy.

I'm sure many kids will ride this without issue (as they already do), but I do agree going from Splash Mountain's emphasis on the intensity of the Big Drop to deliberately redesigning the facade to make that drop look smaller is jarring.
I think that is the point, having a son that is more scared of stuff than my other two, I honestly look for rides that from the outside look less scary. He will attempt them where ones that show their thrills he won't try as much. JP we managed to hide the big drop when getting into line and he rode it and loved it. So making that drop seem less is honestly a good thing from parents perspective.

I mean…I get why people are skeptical about the changeover but the fact that at least one person working on this has such a passion for Splash Mountain that they remembered details about construction signage this many years later makes me less inclined to think this will be an automatic downgrade.
I don't understand why people think it will be a downgrade without really having experienced it. I am not saying it will be a hit, upgrade, or downgrade until I can actually experience it. I think with good music and great scenes it could be a hit. Honestly never understood the storyline of splash to be honest with you, I was there for the drop and scenery.

Honestly never understood the storyline of splash to be honest with you, I was there for the drop and scenery.
Really? Brer Rabbit was leaving his home for a better life & adventure, in search of his "laughing place", despite all the warning signs. He was also stalked by Brer Fox/Bear during this misadventure. After his daring escape of being thrown into the Briar Patch, he realized he had everything he needed at home.

It was very simple. Just listen to the soundtrack, it pretty much plays out the above through song.

I don't understand why people think it will be a downgrade without really having experienced it.
I think there was founded skepticism at the time it was announced (knowing it had been developed under the Chapek regime) that it was going to be a cheap(er) overhaul involving gutting the interior show scenes in favor of a bunch of screens and projections, with a token AA or two.

We've since seen, I think, enough evidence by now that that's not the case, and that Tiana's will be filled with physical stuff, but I completely got (and shared) the apprehension that one of Imagineering's greatest dark rides was going to be obliterated by an entirely different approach.