Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Exterior
Cabana%20Bay%20Beach%20Resort%20Exterior%20-%20LR.jpg

Rooms
Cabana%20Bay%20Beach%20Resort%20Suite%20-%20LR.jpg

Fantastic news for Universal. Finally putting in family and value options. Methinks its another shot across the bow at Disney. Wow... incredible!

Well that (announcement at least) was rather out of the blue! The interiors look very nice. That's one less thing to speculate about!

Terrific news, and out of NO WHERE. Bravo Universal. You've blind sided us with this.

And another shot across the Disney bow. Strike your colors, ya bloomin' cockroaches.

On Twitter minding my own business and BOOM, Uni just nonchalantly announces a hotel.

I suppose this is going on the plot closest to Royal Pacific. The other plot will be shared by Potter and Project 609 project staging.

Last edited:
Out of all of the announcements we've been waiting on, I was definitely expecting this one the least - but I am no less pleasantly surprised.

For those of you who did not read the full press release, no unlimited Universal Express will be offered at this resort. Bold move, very curious to see how that pans out with the average, non-researching guest.

Agreed this is yet another punk card right at Mickey's oversized yellow shoes.

That said, the rumors a year or so ago said this resort would have more of a surfing/Beach Boys theme. Would rather that than this, which initially feels like a Pop Century rip-off. Actually I think anything would be better than 50s kitsch, unless it's got a Cars overlay to go with it.

So all that sand wasn't for nothing. Could this be 609? Those retro designs leave me colder than ice. Looks like something out of Edward Scissorhands. (and that set design was supposed to be a joke)

It's great they're adding a value resort. But the design is....different :lol:

It's very, very similar to a lot of motels I'm used to in Wildwood, New Jersey, the shore town I've been going to since...well...always. Wildwood is heavily steeped in 50s culture, and is said to be the "birthplace of Rock and Roll" due to "Rock Around the Clock" first being performed there on New Years Eve 1954. The town has the 50s/60s vibe and really celebrates the culture of the time. This looks really similar in architecture and theme. I'm excited and nostalgic.:lol:

Looks pretty nice actually...not quite what I was expecting with the Beach Hotel rumor...I will definitely be staying there though