Springfield Expansion | Page 322 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get them changing it based on the material quality, but honestly, regardless of what the current cop cars look like on the show, this thing is far uglier in person than the old one. I was at the park today and I walked around and stared at it for awhile...it just doesn't look 'police car' enough for my liking.

Looks like a cartoon :thumbs:

How come the won't put more characters around the area? Like how we have Milhouse and Barney?

IS it because they cost too much? I would love if this area had a bunch of statues of characters all around. But is there a reason they wouldn't do that?

How come the won't put more characters around the area? Like how we have Milhouse and Barney?

IS it because they cost too much? I would love if this area had a bunch of statues of characters all around. But is there a reason they wouldn't do that?

I vote for a photo op of the Crazy Cat Lady.

Last edited:
IMG_1888_zps3218f3e0.jpg

IMG_1889_zpsed036a1c.jpg

IMG_1890_zps9486d6fe.jpg

I don't know, I like the old one better.....

Ah, if only you were Matt Groening then this opinion would matter :rofl: Sorry, had to go for it but I'm only kidding.

It's not a big deal for me. Both versions looked great, and it has been either way in the show. I'll say they did a great job on the shape of the car, it's stunning.

The all white version should be cheaper to maintain, and I think it will look better longer between maintenance.

It wasn't there when I visited a few weeks back so this is a vast improvement. Does the siren really blare all day long? :lol:

I'm just fine with the new paint scheme. I'll have to see it in person, (maybe I'll check it out tomorrow), but I don't think it makes or breaks the ambiance or anything drastic like that. Do the red. Lights on top work?

Also the quality of materials and the job didn't meet expectations.

I don't think people who haven't worked with some sort of construction can appreciate how hard it can be to deal with contractors, even good ones. Lots of communication needs to happen and lots of people have to be on the same page.