Diagon Alley Photos & Reviews | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Diagon Alley Photos & Reviews

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey SL_ZERO, I can take a photo of my interactive wand for you if you'd like. I purchased another birch because that was the one I originally got chosen by. The major difference is the exposed sensor on the tip, which is visible when looking over the wand. However, it's a small detail that is easy to overlook when you're actually casting spells. The design remains relatively similar minus the sensor, which does cause it to be slightly top heavy. I was also told by a team member that they no longer carry the original non-interactive wands, which I found hard to believe. Does anyone have any confirmation of this?

Hey SL_ZERO, I can take a photo of my interactive wand for you if you'd like. I purchased another birch because that was the one I originally got chosen by. The major difference is the exposed sensor on the tip, which is visible when looking over the wand. However, it's a small detail that is easy to overlook when you're actually casting spells. The design remains relatively similar minus the sensor, which does cause it to be slightly top heavy. I was also told by a team member that they no longer carry the original non-interactive wands, which I found hard to believe. Does anyone have any confirmation of this?
This is true as far as I know. They do still have the character wands that are non-interactive though. Besides the few character ones that are interactive.

Only interactive birthday wands are carried now. I would expect the non-interactive character wands for a long time because they offer every single minor character in the book and there's always people crowded around them.

So much to see in this new area!! I was blown away by so many details (I doubt I caught them all with just spending a couple of days wondering around). I would not call myself a big Harry Potter fan, but I do enjoy an immersive environment.

So in Knockturn Alley there is this store front Tattoo shop. I do not think a couple of (still) pictures of one of the tattoo art pieces will show much, but wanted to try (as I found this window/area so full of details and neat effects):

and then a night shot of fire and a day shot of a reflection:

Some nice shots of the area of Diagon that hasn't been captured on photo as much as the other areas. Very refreshing.

Thanks! I'm finding all the weird angles very challenging. It's all beautiful in person, but I end up not liking most of my shots.

Well that depends on you, can you deal with being wet for those times when you have to be outside?
Personally I always really hope it rains during the summer, usually helps to break up the crowds somewhat. But honestly I'd say be prepared to get into the Leaky Cauldron or Knockturn Alley to avoid getting wet... Wait to ride Gringotts till the afternoon, waits usually go down by then. Someone else could probably help you out more but I doubt it will ruin your vacation... Have a wonderful time when you go :wave:

The weather for this weekend saids their is going to be T-storms, 80% chance. Will this ruin the vacation?

It shouldn't.

80% chance of T-Storms is pretty much the standard forecast for everyday in the Summer in Orlando. The forecast always sounds/looks much worse than it really is. They roll in mid-afternoon and are usually gone by dinner.

When I go in August, I've learned to expect heavy rain every afternoon sometime between about 2 and 5. It's not that bad.

It shouldn't.

80% chance of T-Storms is pretty much the standard forecast for everyday in the Summer in Orlando. The forecast always sounds/looks much worse than it really is. They roll in mid-afternoon and are usually gone by dinner.

When I go in August, I've learned to expect heavy rain every afternoon sometime between about 2 and 5. It's not that bad.

I wouldn't say we always have 80% down here. The norm is 40%. So with 80% you are going to get rain at some point. However, most likely it will be in the afternoon or evening and last between 20 minutes and an hour. If you have a smart phone you can look at the hourly that day and also keep an eye on the radar and plan to eat when the rain hits where you are. The only time we get rain all day in August is if a Hurricane/tropical storm comes thru and you are safe, there are none right now.

I did look and Saturday is normal 40% and Sunday is 60%, Mon & Tues look really nice, no rain at all.

Some shots of the new puppet show. I actually like it. It doesn't have quite the satisfying ending as Three Brothers does, lacking anything similar to the giant Death puppet, but it's still worth watching.

Reactions: UK-Trigg