Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's Your HHN 24 Plan of Attack?

To me the wait time on the signs, app, texts etc. never seem accurate at all. I generally walk in look at the line and then make a decision based on past knowledge of that line. I've waited in lines much shorter than what the sign say's and would have just walked by had I believed it, I've also saved myself from some very long waits even though the sign said otherwise.

I do the same thing s8film. The most notorious of all of the off timed queues is probably the Disaster house. I don't even bother going by the posted wait, I just look real quick and decide from there.

With the AP event that is usually going on opening night I'll hit the disaster queue first and by the time I make my way back towards the tents/parade building AP is over.

I never saw the point in waiting for the soundstage houses when you first walk in because they will ALWAYS have a wait no matter when you hit them. The houses to the right not only will you just walk right in you'll have the house pretty much to yourself. So while your waiting in a 20min line for a soundstage, I just got 2 houses done to the right of the park. Plus the fact that your eyes are still adjusting to the sun you'll miss more than half the cool **** in the SS houses.

I do the same thing s8film. The most notorious of all of the off timed queues is probably the Disaster house. I don't even bother going by the posted wait, I just look real quick and decide from there.
Big time. BloodNGuts had a 45min wait in the middle of the night. My group got into the house in less then 20mins.

Last edited:
A 20min wait at the start sure out beats 45-90mins later. Taking on the soundstages early is knocking out 4/8. I see your point as well for getting the other tents and parade a little more easier. You can't go wrong no madder where you go.

I definitely see what you mean. It was nice getting AWiL done right away last year. The soundstage houses are usually worth waiting for as appose to 75min for a 3d tent house.

In the end we all get a proper amount of house runs in. Later on in the month I'm sure most of us do multiple runs of the great houses and skip the weaker ones.

Very much agreed and Welcome to the site!

Like Havoc derailed and After-life. I believe my house count was like 4/5 total for both.

Okay here's a question for all of you veterans out there. If I go on the last day, November 1st, would I be able to do all houses and rides in one night without Express if I'm there at rope drop? I think it closes at midnight that night. If so, what would be your plan of attack? I only have the one night there since I'll be flying from LA just for that Saturday night (I know I'm crazy).

Okay here's a question for all of you veterans out there. If I go on the last day, November 1st, would I be able to do all houses and rides in one night without Express if I'm there at rope drop? I think it closes at midnight that night. If so, what would be your plan of attack? I only have the one night there since I'll be flying from LA just for that Saturday night (I know I'm crazy).

You could do all the houses in one night, but all the rides and B&T might be a different story...unless you are willing to skip the clone rides you already have in Hollywood (Transformers, Simpsons, and Despicable Me).
As far as order of attack goes, you would probably do better off tracking wait times the next month and making a plan of attack up as you get closer to your travel date. Time is on your side on that score.
As of this moment, I plan on hitting AvP first and then heading over to Roanoke and proceeding counter clockwise. Since I am not going until the third weekend, my plan of attack is subject to change.

Your correct it does close at midnight. I'm going to say yes. The (6) rides are no problem. Houses shouldn't be a huge problem. Are you watching the Rocky Horror or Bill and Ted? Normally what happens on the final night. Mostly of the regulars will go to the last Bill and Ted Show. Leaving the houses rather empty.

Best bet, knock out Soundstages or Tents/Parade area first. Then do rides in the middle. Towards the last 2-3hrs. Hit the rest of the houses.

The past two years closing night has been much busier than it used to be so it might be a little tight trying to do all the rides and houses and I definitely wouldn't miss the Bill & Ted Show.

Most of the regulars will be at the final show because they throw in new gags from the course of the event ("Light up *@#$ come get your light up #$@#$!!!!") and have the big final send off. If you want to see it but haven't been to any other showings I would recommend staying away from the final show though because the wait is 30-60 minutes to get in and the audience tends to be the most rowdy of the entire event and generally quote the entire show.

Are you going to get in early enough that you could get a day ticket too and do some of the rides during the day and do stay & scream?

Are you going to get in early enough that you could get a day ticket too and do some of the rides during the day and do stay & scream?

I was planning on it since I need to ride the new Harry Potter stuff. I may only go for a half day to both parks though, so my plan was to skip the things that would be open for HHN and do the other rides. My list of must-do attractions for the day are as follows:

Jurassic Park
Forbidden Journey
Dragon Challenge
Spiderman
Hulk
Terminator
Despicable Me
RRR
Simpsons
MIB
Gringotts
Hogwarts Express (twice)
Transformers
Mummy

So, 15 rides and I can do 6 of them at HHN. I was figuring 9 rides in a half-day would be pushing it as it is.

Last edited:
As well you can do Stay and Scream which will give you a great boost at the start of the event. In that case you can do Kid-Zone or Soundstages. Most say do Kid-Zone, as you will do Roanoke(Parade House) then Dollhouse(Tent-1) then Halloween(Tent-2) Then shoot over to the Soundstages and last Giggles and Gore.

I was planning on it since I need to ride the new Harry Potter stuff. I may only go for a half day to both parks though, so my plan was to skip the things that would be open for HHN and do the other rides. My list of must-do attractions for the day are as follows:

Jurassic Park
Forbidden Journey
Dragon Challenge
Spiderman
Hulk
Terminator
Despicable Me
RRR
Simpsons
MIB
Gringotts
Hogwarts Express (twice)
Transformers
Mummy

So, 15 rides and I can do 6 of them at HHN. I was figuring 9 rides in a half-day would be pushing it as it is.

Honestly Studios will be dead closer to HHN time. I would do IOA first and then Studios so you are already there for stay and scream. You may get more done than you think if you take advantage of single rider alone. I went last year twice before HHN and both times I rode like 4 or 5 things in an hour. The park is not that packed. I would do everything in IOA you want to do and then go over to Studios and see how much you can get done before closing. Then with Stay and scream you should easily be able to get the houses done. Just don't go to the first B&T show because that is when the lines for the houses are the shortest. Go with a later show once the house lines are longer. Do any missing rides at that point and then head back to the houses later when the lines are shorter again. I think you could get everything done you want to get done in that day.

Since I've never tried, how bad is the adjustment period in the sound stage houses? I know we did an early entry one year and the first house we did was Forsaken. Fiancee started complaining about how she couldn't see anything, tripped over the barrel and almost fell completely. The best part was the scareactor standing there unsure of if he should try to scare her during/afterwards or help her.

Since I've never tried, how bad is the adjustment period in the sound stage houses? I know we did an early entry one year and the first house we did was Forsaken. Fiancee started complaining about how she couldn't see anything, tripped over the barrel and almost fell completely. The best part was the scareactor standing there unsure of if he should try to scare her during/afterwards or help her.

I always wear sunglasses and then take them off in the houses. My adjustment period is not long at all. I keep them on outside until it is pretty dark out.

Here is my plan.... Stay and scream with FF+ passes Oct 15,16(my 50th birthday),17,and 19.
4 Days. Friday the 17th may just get in line for Bill and Teds and take it easy for the rest of night .
I have plenty of time .

- - - Updated - - -

Jurassic Park
Forbidden Journey
Dragon Challenge
Spiderman
Hulk
Terminator
Despicable Me
RRR
Simpsons
MIB
Gringotts
Hogwarts Express (twice)
Transformers
Mummy

Do not leave IOA too late as I missed one night of Stay and Scream because they stop letting people into Studio's about a hour before close.
Of course this year I could take Hogwarts express over there.

Last edited:
Hello friends and fiends. I will be attending opening night for first time this year, and haven't been to HHN in a few years. I am enjoying reading the suggestions on which way to go, and will suggest to my wife that we start to the right. Do they open the gates right at 6:30pm, or can you get in a little earlier than that? Happy haunting!