Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

King Kong Skull Island Walk through with Jim hill.

Nice find Scott...Two things of note; One of the 40' long vehicles will be dispatched every two minutes. If I remember Teebin's former post correctly, each vehicle holds apx. 64 people. So this should be a really good capacity attraction....Point Two; Hill mentioned that a number of high ranking Comcast/Universal Execs. (he named a few) took a helicopter tour looking at Orlando properties.

Wow, ain't Jim Hill a "gee wiz" theme park admirer. He actually gushes!

The 1930's radio broadcast was news to me and I love that idea. The queue is starting to sound like a camping trip version of the adventurers club. Wouldn't a bar along the way be nice.

I wasn't going to mention the flame shoot up at the entrance to the temple but I guess UC is ok with that. This should be like the flames as one enters the gold room on Mummy. I was surprised that they stopped short in the final warning nearing the load area. What they didn't confirm is what none of you have heard about that I mentioned a few months back. I hope it works as it sounds a bit ambitious!

Them mentioning a "Jurassic Park Jeep Adventure" makes me wish that Skull Island was built over the TL amphitheater or something instead, because getting that ride in a JP expansion would have been great. Oh well. Skull Island still sounds great.

i think that because universal was afraid to build the jeep ride because it was too similar the the river adventure and people would lose interest into two rides with a similar theme and story line. its kinda like buzzlightyear and midway mania which i think midway mania is popular (cant really tell bc of terrible capacity and light year seems to have a 15 20 min wait usually

Last edited:
Ok I'm dying with all these goodies from today!

I will admit, I still find the mural too two-dimensional, but in the context of scale and the expertise of that painting, it's definitely growing on me. I love the visual disparity between the jagged & cold mountains and the dense forest.

I'm so excited to hear about the tight spaces in the queue. A lot of times, designers get lost in trying to create expansive and monumental structures and spaces without framing them well and hinting at them with vantage points (e.g. Test Track and its infamous canopy, Transformers, HRRR). One of the most important ways to effectively achieve dimension and distance is by framing the audience's eyes in a small location, and rewarding them as they walk by with a change in perspective.

In that case, yes, it is. It does exactly what you said it does. I just wish, as I've said before, that it were both sculpted and painted onto the mural. And nothing more than a foot or two, just enough to cast some nice shadows that match those on the temple.

The first generation on the far left was mushy, then they started something new to the right and it looked really great to me because it was impressionistic swaths of paint... and now they have mushed that down too. Oh well, everyone will get used to it or not. I doubt it will change again. My motto is, what's done is done, let's move on. :)

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Ok I'm dying with all these goodies from today!

I will admit, I still find the mural too two-dimensional, but in the context of scale and the expertise of that painting, it's definitely growing on me. I love the visual disparity between the jagged & cold mountains and the dense forest.

I'm so excited to hear about the tight spaces in the queue. A lot of times, designers get lost in trying to create expansive and monumental structures and spaces without framing them well and hinting at them with vantage points (e.g. Test Track and its infamous canopy, Transformers, HRRR). One of the most important ways to effectively achieve dimension and distance is by framing the audience's eyes in a small location, and rewarding them as they walk by with a change in perspective.

This is quite a crude way of doing this but I think it gets the idea across. I think the reason it looks so 2D is because of the scaffolding in front of it and it's creating a shadow, I've removed it and it looks a lot better.

E05jzF8.jpg

I
This is quite a crude way of doing this but I think it gets the idea across. I think the reason it looks so 2D is because of the scaffolding in front of it and it's creating a shadow, I've removed it and it looks a lot better.

E05jzF8.jpg
I have to hand it to you Scott. You contribute some really great stuff to this site. Great idea here. It looks really good without the scaffolding. If I didn't know it was a painted backdrop, I'd think it was a real landscaped scene.

I

I have to hand it to you Scott. You contribute some really great stuff to this site. Great idea here. It looks really good without the scaffolding. If I didn't know it was a painted backdrop, I'd think it was a real landscaped scene.
Thanks, mate. That means a lot. Been lurking for quite a while and the podcasts here helped me through the misery of decorating recently so happy to contribute something.

Reactions: anihilnation
The
Did they say anything about you using the word soccer and not football?
:lol:Like a second language, they too mostly use the term soccer instead of football so as not to confuse. But the club team system I founded is the "Mon Valley United Football Club" ( I'm to the goalie's right in the picture)(sponsored by Straubs Beer), so I keep the official term.