Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just thought of this, in Hollywood this is part of the tram tour, so you are on it and suddenly you become a witness to the F&F action. In the Orlando version, will this setup story be different? What will the entrance be like and why will we board the bus-like RV?

Being that I live 20 minutes from USH, I was able to ride this firsthand. It's not great as you see in the YouTube videos. The only thing that's really cool about it is the illusion of immersion, especially in the front car. The screen is in front of you and around you so you really feel like you're there. The graphics are okay, but it does feel a lot like GTA.

Now that this is coming to USF, I have a thought about how the cars will work: To save on space, I think it's possible they can have just one or two cars instead of four. That would prevent taking up more space than necessary and open up more room for extra showspace/queue space.

Being that I live 20 minutes from USH, I was able to ride this firsthand. It's not great as you see in the YouTube videos. The only thing that's really cool about it is the illusion of immersion, especially in the front car. The screen is in front of you and around you so you really feel like you're there. The graphics are okay, but it does feel a lot like GTA.

Now that this is coming to USF, I have a thought about how the cars will work: To save on space, I think it's possible they can have just one or two cars instead of four. That would prevent taking up more space than necessary and open up more room for extra showspace/queue space.

I have a gut feeling that it will be something completely different. Look at the difference in the construction of Kong compared to what's on the tram tour.

I'm expecting a single train/car where every person has a great view.

While it doesn't tell you what goes on inside, you can at least see the outside basics on the permits.

22332793393_cfc7da31e3_b.jpg

I think no queue is the new queue. At least not in the traditional sense, i.e. a standby line.
I don't know anything, but based on the hints about queue-less systems at VB and at the new Fallon attraction, it's not a far-fetched guess to say they'd do it with F&F too.

I've worked on a quick photoshop using the possible permits;

upload_2015-11-11_18-36-35.png
Cobalt Blue: The Ride Building itself which looks big enough for a good sized attraction with a few extra scenes
Aqua: Possibly exit?
Yellow: The Gift shop
Orange: The second half of the line that Teebin mentioned plus a preshow in that area?
Red: All of the outdoor line space that Teebin also said
Purple: Marquee
Green: Facades/Restrooms

It intrigues me also that they're somewhat re-purposing the Beetlejuice plaza mostly but it makes me think of the possibility of the archway staying aswell. Theres also one other interesting thing, Lombards is missing which makes me think that its not far being demolished in January or December.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Theres also one other interesting thing, the second dock area that's next to Diagon is cleared out which makes me think that its not far being demolished in January or December.

Interesting that it's missing, but I highly doubt they're tearing down Lombards

I've worked on a quick photoshop using the possible permits;

Yeah, I don't believe Lombards is going anywhere. It probably has nothing to do with the water management of the area in question, and the other pier does.

The red is the 1/4 that I recalled. The area behind the facades appeared to me (in a dream) to be outdoors. The area at the bottom appeared to be the open-air courtyard area... which is somewhat evident even in this plan. It is so much easier to describe with these water plans...

What is in the yellow area currently? That area is a mystery to me.

The purple is pretty much 90% correct with a few differences, the biggest one being that the next block above the orange is another big room in the queue. Vehicle in there too as I recall. The biggest block room of orange is the concept art room.

Feel free to recolor so it can be reposted over and over in the next two years

The sheer size of the showbuilding is what caught me off guard. I thought I kind of had it figured out but this project has got me lost and that intrigues me!!

Reactions: Macfr3ak
very rough overlay from the shape of the yellow it seems like they will keep that facade as well. Is the exit supposed to be the yellow or the former disaster entrance?

n1m7O4G.jpg

Reactions: Macfr3ak
The sheer size of the showbuilding is what caught me off guard. I thought I kind of had it figured out but this project has got me lost and that intrigues me!!

Yeah matching up those plans it's roughly 20,000 sqft larger than the Mummy building (and Reign of Kong), which are both already huge. What could this mean?

any chance that they'd incorporate some extra space into it to be used for a HHN house?